It's Easter Time!!

Yippee!
Haha.
This was our third Easter together.  I can't believe we're already hitting our thirds together.  Life goes so super fast (except when you're at work!!).  Life's good and so was Easter and the First Presidency's message, which if you haven't had a chance to read, you should take a gander!!  It is important to remember what the true meaning of Easter is, and why we celebrate this holiday amidst all of the eggs, bunny and candy-ness traditions.

This weekend was also Dallin's second Prom.  Or first?  I can't seem to remember if he went last year.  He looked great!  I can't believe my baby brother is a junior (and I can't believe I've been graduated for eight years).  We all just get old together.  Isn't that the truth.
We do an annual Easter Egg contest, and this year everybody was talking so much trash about winning.  While I was getting ready for the day, I caught Ben GOOGLING IDEAS for his eggs.  Seriously.  I honestly went into it with none.  And poor Lindsy, this was her first time and she had no idea how unprepared she would be when she walked in the door that day.
Ben and Dallin barricaded themselves to avoid "cheaters."  My dad kept going to the pantry, behind them, to get Triskets.  ;)  At one point Ben was over there with a knife and hammer item and began chiseling at his egg.  Wtfreak?




Might I add that the green egg above is my dad's egg.  All night he claimed he had the "first place egg," which essentially was true, but so not true!!  Mine are below and they don't look that cool, but I thought they were.  We each entered five eggs.

Ah it's hilarious.  We all present our five eggs.  These below are my dad's.  You know the surgery where you get that lap band so you lose weight?  That's the red band on the egg.  I don't recall the official name of the surgery.  He got all technical on us.  Then he cut a sponge in the shape of a churchy/temple thing and glued it on the white egg.  And then his orange temple drawn egg had glitter on it that was the heavenly-ness or something.  Pretty impressive.  He so tried to make us feel guilty and said if we were spiritual we would vote for the temple egg.
And below are Ben's eggs.  I think you can tell which one I voted for.  =)



Below are my absolute masterpieces.  The far right egg is Ben with a boulder on him.  Kind of horrible but we joke about it now.  While we waited for Search and Rescue, and he was just lying there thinking it would never end, he spit out a chunk of tooth and was ridiculously concerned about it.  Colter and I just looked at each other like...seriously? 
I quote James on the below egg, "This little dot is the earth, and over here, some 13.2 light years away is the Abell 1835 IR 1916 Galaxy, and above is Christy whose fat spans the length."  Fat jokes rule my loving family.  These eggs usually win, too.

Here are the top 15 which we then narrowed down to the top nine, top four, and then which place they got.  My pretty glitter egg got first place and I was happy since I never win.  Yay.












And I ran out energy to caption all the pictures (especially the hilarious one above of Ben), or even take any pictures on Easter day, down at Liz/Colter's.  We hid eggs for our two year old niece, and she was pretty cute while finding them and got so, so excited.  Kids are certainly a different chapter in life, but seemingly quite enjoyable!  But life is too good to us all.  We're blessed.  Hope everyone had a safe and awesome Easter!!

And pray this week is finally the big one for us.  =)

6 comments:

  1. okay your family totally rocks.. and if anyone ever doubts it check out the awesome eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you can jump in high heels that tall also walk in them. I would be falling on my face the whole time....lol I love the eggs!! They are all awesome! And what is the "big one"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Lindsy and Rykar!! That is so cute. :) Your eggs are super impressive. And so is your jumping in like...five inch heels. You're crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a good idea to have an adult easter egg competition! And I still love your short hair, it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lindsy's eggs are too cute- LOVE them! what a fun competition!

    and that sushi looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute photos!! Happy Easter!

    Monique xx

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (38) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.