HDR Slash More May

I have been learning how to do cool things in Photoshop.  Thanks to my smart brother, James, and Mister Scott Kelby, I am learning how to do HDR.  I'm pretty excited.

We took a trip out to Daybreak so I could take some shots of the awesome houses, but the clouds were moving ridiculously quick and I still am learning how to take bracketed pictures with different exposures in a row, so you can see some of the cloud movement.  Other than that it was awesome and I'm still proud of my first one.  :)

That lime green house is so awesomely bright.  You can see it clear out on the street on the way to the Kennecott Copper Mine, if you ever go out there (take the 114th exit- $5 per car).

These are four different HDR edits.  The rest of the pictures I just took singles and edited and they turned out pretty cool and almost just as surreal with all of the colors in them.  I couldn't decide which HDR I like the most, so for now I do multiples.
As for the week/weekend, we started packing and it took a full day to do my shoes.  I DI'd like 15 pair, which is rare to let go.  I hold on to even the crappy ones because "I'll probably wear those to a jobsite, or hiking, or at Lake Powell."  Nope.  I need to let go.  Poor Ben!
The pink duct tape marks the shelf I'm SAVING out to wear for the next nine days of Utahness.
We went out with Sheridan, Jared, Tammy, Taylor, and Taylor's friend.  We hope to get together one last time before we head out, and maybe with Tiff, but I'll definitely miss them all.  And congrats to Jared on his new job with the church.  Exciting times for everybody.
Saturday we spent up at the Park City Tanger Outlets to get some clothes shopping done for the boys.  James doesn't go shopping on his own ever, and Dil is still growing, so I ran around each store grabbing clothes to try on, shirts, etc.  It was hard work but FUN!!  They both even ended up with a pair of True Religions, so I was a proud sis.  Ben and I even made out with some new stuff as well, so that was a fun bonus.  Gee I love to shop.
This is why you go to the outlets.  This awesome David Beckham jersey was on sale from $90 to $89.99!!  Actually the deals are are usually great, but apparently not always at Adidas.
Saturday night was my little brother's MORP dance, and he went with my friends' cute little sister (whom looks so much like her sisters).  I'm usually the in-charge picture taker, but I was away for this one so my dad jumped in.  From the sounds of it, I think they had a good time. :)
Ben and I have talked about going out to the Kennecott Copper Mine for the past 2+ years, but we never have or the weather sucks when we think about it.  I figured since Ben will be working in the finance department of another mine, it would be a perfect trip to do before we left.
One of those huge trucks, driving up the path, costs 3.2 million dollars!  They have 80 of them working at one time.  The mine is 3/4 of a mile deep, and I can't remember the rest of the awesome facts.  But yeah, it's ginormous and you can see it from space.
Here are some regular edits of some of the Daybreak area.  I LOVE the blue of the blue house, and if time allows I'd love to go back out and try an HDR of it, but I need a new tripod first.  The houses below it are so cool, too.
My super cute mom had us over for dinner twice this week, and yesterday was our last Sunday dinner, sadly.  There are some things we will just really miss about being so close to family.  We definitely made some fun memories and hopefully we'll be back at Christmas time to stick to our traditions.  Here's my mom and her cute new maxi dress.  I love maxi dresses.
We also had dinner with Liz, Colter, Nancy and Ian this weekend, which was fun.  We saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean (I know, I saw a movie), and it was the only Pirates I've seen.  I like Johnny Depp a lot, but the killer vampire mermaids were a little too weird.  And now that I have a bad neck, I can't sleep during movies.  It was a battle.  haha

That's all!  Life is treating us all too well.  I only have four days of work left!  I have so much to do to try to not leave them in a tough spot, include training, and my boss just up and left for vacation (again) until Wednesday and left me a TO DO list.  The nerve.  At one point this place was wonderful, and everyone pulled their own weight and it functioned.  I guess life isn't always fair and I shouldn't let it bother me since I'll be leaving quite shortly.  Today is still going to be a lovely day!

Hope you have a wonderful last full week of May. =)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the last week of work!!! I bet you're excited. :) It was good to see you guys Friday night, I will text you about getting together one last time before you guys go. I am happy for your new adventure, but sad to see you guys go. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- you guys are busy! Sounds like you're having fun too though. That mine stuff is CRAZY! Will Ben be working for the Phelps Dodge Mine near Thatcher?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed that, with everything going on in your life right now, you still find time to post. Good for you!!!

    To say that I love the architecture and style of Daybreak would be an understatement. I love it there. Actually, we even considered moving there a few years ago because we loved the looks of the cute little town so much. :) Awesome pictures, by the way!

    Next time you go to the outlets, will you find me a really sweet deal that saves me a penny?!?! Awesome.

    I hope this week goes as smoothly as possible for you and Ben...there are going to be a whole lot of Utah people that are going to miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to read your posts from AZ... don't stop because basically I feel like a friend because of your blog. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures you took, great job with photoshop! I'm so glad you posted a picture of your little brother and my little sis ~ don't they make a cute couple :). If you don't mind I think I'll copy it :)!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (43) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (3) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (42) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (31) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.