A MASSIVE 411 on Life

In lots of words form. I just have lots to say.
 
We decided we wanted to move if the opportunity arose, so Ben sent in his resume to a company located in warmer areas.  One of the locations, in AZ, is in the small town we recently road tripped to.  We have family there, Ben spent a couple years of his college life there, and he still has friends there.
The company called him for an interview while we were actually there visiting.  It was very random and allowed us time to view the town as possibly being our own.

We left before they were able to get Ben in, but they flew him out a week later.  (We made a $150 profit on the reimbursement for the three day interview trip.  A good sign in my opinion.  So I thank them for funding my hot pink lips, new purse, etc.)

The company offers good benefits so we have researched the possibilities of getting MBAs online, together, through ASU, or through NAU at EA.  Or I may do a dual degree MBA/ME, since my undergrad is engineering and I've started the ME at the U.  We're excited about all the possibilities.

So we're moving.  We're excited, but also sad to leave behind the wonderful life we've had here with all our friends and family, and my puppy most likely (my dad and brother want him to stay so I think for now I'll let him, but I don't know if I'll last w/o my puppy pup).  As for me, I'll be taking a little break, and then hopefully, eventually, be working for an engineering firm that I have talked to over the phone there.

We love crazy adventures and are ready for the next one, 14 hours away!  Ben starts on June 6th, and we're planning to load our moving truck the 31st, and pull away on the 1st.  THIS is my first long distance move in 20 years.

So our "list of celebrations" is probably too long, but we're just excited.  It included some shoes for me and much needed new tires for the truck (so we can drive it clear to AZ w/o problem).  It has Arizona registration which means it doesn't ever require inspection, so thus we've let the tires get pretty bad.  (And his rims he took off are for sale on KSL.)

We also have a "bucket list," if you will, of things we want/need to do before we kick the L town bucket.  Let me know if you want to get together if we don't already plan to.

We had dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, the most delicious steaks you will ever have, and they included free dessert and table confetti for a congratulations.  We ate here for Valentine's/etc. and planned to dine here as soon as we got official news of a relocation.  So we've been looking forward to it!
 
Some of the fam on my dad's side got together for Saturday linner, and possibly our last one.  Our waitress was even my friend I cheered with, Lindsey!  We will miss them all, and Spencer and Dallin are now probably going to cry themselves to sleep at night!  (Thanks for taking the picture, Lindsey. My camera settings were off, so that's why it's blurry.)

Later that night we met up with Jamie and Zach for some more sushi-ness at Happy Sumo.  The picture didn't turn out all that well, oh but the food and company were so good.
We spent some time in Logan during the week/weekend for Ben's six month check up and so the guys could build some stairs with their dad.

The check-up went alright.  I think we both were secretly thinking that his arm would be all healed, but negative.  To me the bone looks way less dense than it did three months ago, but the doctor seems to think that perhaps the bad bone is dying and good bone growing back, and what do I know.  In six months the doctor hopes to know for sure if he'll need another surgery to take bone from his leg if the bone graft doesn't end up working after all.

So the plates can't come out this winter, and his arm will probably take two years to heal.  But his Radius bone is healing nicely, so his strength is decent enough to allow him to do many things (like build stairs I guess).  So that is great news.  We'll take it!
He left bone and muscle in the cave, so when he pumps his fist it bulges all grossly where the muscle he still has, moves to the area where he doesn't have it anymore.  Especially after he's worked out.  And his arm is crooked.  And all of this is permanent.
That's all for celebrating this week/weekend.  It really was a lot of fun and we're looking forward to the next couple of weeks while we meet up with many that will be missed.  We have lots to be thankful for, and we truly are.

As for work, I put in my two weeks last Thursday.  Things were fine and my boss was really nice, but things are a little bit weird now after it probably just sunk in.  The rest of the office has been so thrilled for us.  We'll see how my last 8 days go, starting now.

Happy Monday!!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats. What fun! I'm jealous you will be moving to a warmer place...that sounds so divine right about now. Good luck with the new adventures in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting news!! My hubby is an Arizona boy and I love when we visit his parents there. It's especially great at Christmas to be there with the palm trees and 70-degree weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you guys! And a lil jealous. I wish I was brave enough to just pack up and leave. SO FUN. Also, I love those coral shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm waaaay stoked for you guys. I love adventures, especially going to new places and living there for a while; you're going to love it.

    I wish I had money enough to go to the Happy Sumo, I've only been there once.

    I'm excited to see more awesome pictures taken by your camera. Is there going to be some dinner thing before you leave that I can attend or something? Just a thought because I have to see you before. Maybe we can get Dad to take us to Sushi! Yes, I think you should run this idea past him :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!! We're super excited.

    James- Dad wants to get together sometime when you're available. Saturday? Everyone is going to be out of town the weekend of Memorial Day, so before then. I'll holler at you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was really good seeing you guys at good ole Golden! I am so sorry that one pic is blurry and the other pic I forgot that cute lady :( Well I am so happy for you both! Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm cheering for you guys!! I am so happy for you and your new adventure that awaits you. Thank goodness for blogs and texts, we'll be able to stay in touch with each other.

    Wishing you the very, very best!!!

    ...But how could things not go absolutely perfectly for you while wearing those hot new shoes, a set of pink lips, and a new purse?!? :)

    Love ya lots, Christy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was great to see you Lindsey! Thanks for putting up with my family. :)

    And thanks Brooke. We'll really miss you guys! I hope the house is treating you well. I'm sad we may not get to come hang out at it, but it is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (1) B3 (43) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (45) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.