Chef BoyarME

It took a few months of being married, but I have finally started cooking some dinners now that I have more time, and I can't remember the last Cup-A-Noodle I even had or forced upon mister Ben.

So to all of those who had little to no faith in my ability to chef up some delicious non-Top Ramen, here you go.  All home made and no box stuff.  And Ben gets credit for some of the Kabob-ness.  Here is a glimpse...







That's all.  I think it is a good start!!  At least Ben seems pretty pleased so far.  =)

So here is the best (and quickest) Tilapia you will ever have I think:

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayo
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (which our Walmart was out of lemons [wtf] so I used the not so fresh stuff and it still turned out lovely)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
2 pounds tilapia fillets (or 4 average fillets...which almost stretches it)

Directions:
1.  Preheat your oven's broiler.  Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
2.  In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayo and lemon juice.  Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt.  Mix well and set aside.
3.  Arrange fillets in a single layer.  Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes.  Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes.  Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side.  Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.

Recipe found at http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Tilapia-Parmesan/Detail.aspx?prop24=etaf on the awesome All Recipes website.

Happy TGIF!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Christy! Or should I say, "Chef Christy"...?!? That food looks quite delicioso and I'm sure your Ben is over the moon that you've decided to flex your culinary muscles!! ;)

    P.S.--Peek at my blog for a little surprise I think you'll be quite thrilled about... :)

    Oh, and P.P.S--I got a new phone and lost your phone number. I have had some questions for you lately!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (43) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (3) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (42) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (31) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.