We Went to LAKE POWELL!

Lake Powell is so effing amazing no matter how many times you go.  It just is so dang pretty.  You float in the middle of the lake on a pink $5 special Wal-Mart floaty, and wonder if you're dreaming and if you really do have to ever go back to work.
On our drive to Powell we pass by Lake Roosevelt.  We went boating at Roosevelt two years ago, Memorial Day, and it looks to be a huge lake with little crowding.  I honestly can't believe how bare it always seems to be.

We got to Powell around 1-1:30 in the morning.  We found us a nice vacant campground, literally threw our sleeping bags on the dirt, and slept until 5 (at least I did).  We were out of there by 5:30 and avoided ever having to pay a full day campsite price for those few hours of shuteye.  (Hello awesome.)  Ben was amazed that I slept like a rock.  I tell you, I can sleep anywhere as long as I have my pillow.

And perhaps watching my lil nieceys for a couple of days contributed to my dead out slumber.


Dallin and Josh are just crazy.  They would cruise along and then each jump off while going so fast that they skid across the water.  Sounds painful.  But who doesn't love entertainment at the expense of someone else?






Ben's doctor told him he should be okay wakeboarding if he's careful, so it was his first time out for the year.  I was pretty nervous when he'd jump and during his crashes, but he was fine.  However, after he uses his arm extensively, it does that big bulgy muscle thing.







Here is the setup and our awesome cove.  It actually used to be a pirate ship, but my uncle, etc., completely remodeled it.  Frankly I think a pirate ship is cool.



 My family loves to play horse shoes, and Dallin and Ben teamed up to be undefeated until Saturday night when they totally lost their groove.  Funny thing is, is it was Dil's first time playing and he was getting all sorts of ringers.
Mister Monte was on one the whole time.  I was out taking pictures when he started yelling for me and posing.  All week long he would randomly dunk people, throw water on them, tease them relentlessly and so forth.  Ben was determined to get him back...which he did.





People would climb up the mountain and hang out on the top with a sweet view.  Perhaps I would have felt more adventurous, but I still hold a grudge against rock climbing.  Coming down always is harder, and if one person slips...you all go dowwwwn.

So Ben climbed it.  Hmmmya, wasn't too thrilled about that one.  He ended up saying he shouldn't have after all.  Too much trust in his arm...and worry for his precious, adorable wifey (I'm guessing that's how he describes me to others).  ;)




Gawsh I married a super hottie!!  Even while camping.  :)  (And we didn't get a 1...2...3...)




Apparently we bring dogs and domesticated turkeys to Lake Powell.  Meet Claymore, held by Nick.  She was actually kind of cute and we bonded while I fed her trail mix on the back deck one afternoon.  She just walked around the houseboat peeping and eating crumbs all week.







This was the first time I've taken my ring off, and I guess that was evident by the white line that now is so burned it's blistery and I can't wear my ring still!!  Kind of funny.


Ben dumped a big bucket of water on Monte during a horse shoes game and everyone was rolling.  When nobody was looking, Nick dumped a bucket of water on Ben so Ben picked up and threw Nick in the water.  Then Monte (Nick's dad) runs after Ben and they dunk each other.  And Monte lost his sun glasses.  But I think everyone was satisfied.  =)



It was so nice to see everyone!  And those that couldn't make it, hopefully we'll see you soon at Christmas or something.  Love you all!

7 comments:

  1. Christy, that looks like such a blast! If I bring my own $5 pink walmart floaty and sleep on the rocks without complaining, can I come next year?!? Thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the HDR pics look amazing! What a fun trip! Thanks for taking all of the sweet pictures and making it such a fun time for me! I love you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures they are awesome! It looked like you guys had a lot of fun. Ben's arm is really creepy looking when he does that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many epic pics!!! I love the HDRs too! I wish I could have gone. Boooooo. One of these weekends I want to come down and visit. Just getting away would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE powell! i haven't been in years! i'm super jealous. looks like a fun trip. although, when is a trip to powell not fun?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently took a vacation to Powell. I got some sweet footage and messed it all together to make this sick video http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing pictures, I really want to visit this place also.

    Photos of Lake Powell

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.