Busy Birthday-ness, Utah, The Valley...so forth and on

You will need a Monster for this post.  I needed like four just to do it.  Things have been so crazy busy, and this post is busy long...if that even makes sense.

Last week I turned 27.  Time is quickly passing.  It's exciting but also a tad sad.  There are so many things we still want to do before we have to officially "grow up."

My birthday couldn't have been any better.  I really lucked out.  I spent part of it with my family, part of it with my Mini Italian Greyhound, and I flew home and spent the evening with sweet BEN.  (Don't mind the kind of creepy dog eyes.  Rykar is a sweetheart!!)
Becky and I [woke up at 3am and] flew to Utah on Tuesday-Thursday.  She for work and family time, me the same.  It was such a quick and busy trip that we didn't even see each other the entire time, but alas we were travel buddies.  Ben only had sick time off for the first 90 days, so he couldn't come along.  Big bummer.  But his 90 days are now up.

I went straight to my office for a meeting, and they greeted me with a cake and balloons!!  I never would have imagined they would still remember my birthday.  It made me really happy.  They have been keeping me working nearly full time.  It has been wonderful to stay so busy.

The dad, brothers and I then took a trip to Happy Sumo for our favorite sushi!  It was such a fun but LONG day, I was so exhausted and melted!!  I think my visit to see everyone on my bday made them feel obligated to buy me presents.  haha  =)

I sure love my family!!  I'm happy James came up from BYU to meet us all for dinner.  What a nice surprise.  We chat frequently in the cyber world, or "hang out" on Google+ (awesome).

A storm blew in and the umbrella we were sitting under almost blew over.  I reached up to steady it and instead it about took my finger off.  My dad barely caught it as it blew over.  Happy Sumo gave us $40 off dinner...which cash I got to pocket for my battle wound.  I think they were all worried we were going to sue and they were going to pay for stitches or whatever.  I was bothered they had a broken umbrella out there though.  Pretty negligent.

But the sushi was delicious and I made $40 ...so I spent it on MAC lipstick, Saint Germain, and liquid eyeliner.  =)
I spent gobs of time with mister pup (taking tons of pictures).  He was my slumber buddy.  I took him on a walk, played for him to sing, and just basked in his cuteness like when he moves down the couch as the sun moves...




This is him when I first got there.  He was so excited and he ran straight to the piano.  He turned around here to see if I was following.  I'm slightly obsessed with my pup, yes.  If my hub will allow it, we'll have a house full one day.  Maybe Rykar's offspring.  :)
Wednesday I was able to have lunch with my mom, and then we stopped by the Real Estate office to say hello to the grandparentals and I said hi to DI who informed me she was married on the same day that we were!!!  Di worked in the office when I did, so we got to know each other back then.

My grandma is so cute in her new pink outfit.  My grandpa bought it for her the day before.  She is so cute.


Dil and I headed over to mom's house for a birthday celebration.  My mom loves to go all out on birthdays and holidays.

She purchased me a copy of the book called "A Stolen Life," by Jaycee Dugard.  She's the one kidnapped and held for 18 years.  I'm excited to read it.

 Dallin is the artsy fartsy camera man.  :)








Thursday the first was my official birthday, and that morning it was back to the airport.  I came upstairs to see Dallin had decorated my dad's kitchen.  :)
Southwest didn't cancel our flight home like they did our flight to Utah, and all arrived safely.  I got home and the house was decorated!!  It made me smile.  I don't want to ever take my sweetheart for granted.


We headed to the Hotel Valley Ho for a birthday slash Labor Day weekend stay!  It was a Ben specialty surprise.  He's a lot better at surprises than me (I just explode out loud with excitement).  These first two shots I stole from their website.







The entire wall opened up to the balcony!!  But I guess I'll mention it was 110+, so ya, we didn't just LEAVE them open all afternoon like we would have loved.






We love getting dressed up and our opportunities to do so have declined over the years, unfortunately.  Ben made reservations at Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse on Saturday night, so he put on his smokin' hot suit, and me a skirt, and we went to overload on STEAK and lobster mashed potatoes.  I was full until lunch time the next day.  The uncomfortable fullness kind!!
I wish I wouldn't look so AWKWARD in pictures.  ha  But look at BEN.  He looks so great!

During the day time we birthday shopped at Fashion Square and pooled at the OH pool.  The Valley Ho has pool parties with a DJ and they got SUPER crowded with the holiday weekend.  It was such a fun time that we didn't even read our books that much.  (So ya, still trying to finish that book #3 of the Hunger Games.)
Before heading home we took a detour to Porsche of Scottsdale.  Ben was excited to be surrounded by all sorts of Porsches, it was rather cute.  Our Porsche fund probably would fund a tire right now (yes we have a Porsche fund), but alas, at least the medical bills are finally paid off.



It was such a great time seeing my family and celebrating.  I missed Ben, but it was a nice visit back home still.  We'll be back up for Christmas to see both of our families and our friends and everyone that I missed.  Thanks for making my birthday memorable.  Love and miss you all already.

Have a happy Thursday!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! And your finger looks so painful. And the cake looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! But...first I must say, YOU DON"T EVER LOOK AWKWARD IN PICTURES!!! You are such a beauty!

    Your birthday looks like it was the best ever! No one gets birthdays THAT cool past the age of 21...so you really scored!

    Ryker, oh my heck, is so darn cute. I really believe you cannot beat the personality of Italian Greyhounds (at least for me). They are so cuddly and funny and adorable! :) Dash has been sleeping in Savanna's bed with her for the past few nights, all snuggled up to her. It gives me butterflies, it's so cute!

    I'm glad you had a perfect birthday (MINUS the chopped up finger)! I can't believe we are getting so close to age 30!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're gonna die when you're pregnant and you can't have sushi for 9 months after you're used to it for every meal!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.