Freedom Running

We ran the town annual 5k Freedom Run, in honor/memory of [the 10th anniversary of] 9/11.  I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news of that first plane crash.  Those moments stick with you for a life time.  I can't believe it's been ten years.  God bless the U.S.A.


I had a solid 3 hours of sleep the night before and didn't really feel like running but rather punching our new neighbors that kept me up all night (but we may be moving).  Ben was super pumped!  The intense Crossfitters were trying for sub 22:30 to pass off a level 2.

Ben wore the Garmin which proved extremely helpful since the route ended up being a 6.07k, and everybody had whacked times while thinking they were running a 5k.  Those who ran with Ben could pace their 5k time off his to at least know if they were sub 22:30.  And the guys are soooo competitive so some of them were neck and neck.

The route, however, was pretty weird.  It doubled back, repeated, and half of it was through gravel?


The route was marked the night before and it had rained so we all ran an extra 2/3+ mile after the leader missed a turn.  I was pacing myself with my music and I just assumed I must be going slower when I hit an extra song.  Meh.  Running in the heat has a frustrating record of slowing me down, so I assumed twas that.


The lady who was in charge of the race was cute, though.  She offered a refund because of the extra length.  Haha.

It was a nice time and Ben rocked it with a 22:15.  I wish we had two watches so I knew my 5k time.

Happy Monday!!

4 comments:

  1. Why are you guys moving and where are you guys moving to??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be a local move to the town next to us into a bigger house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I see. How fun!! So excited for you guys!! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...those are a lot of sexy bodies...just sayin' Good job on your 5k!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (11) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (38) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.