Cruising Along Singin' a Song

We cruised the Mexican Riviera for nine nights on the Carnival Spirit, leaving the San Pedro (LA) Port, a port that I've never been to and was super amazing!!  Ben cruised the Mexican Riviera in January 2009 (on a singles cruise... which is essentially how I found his pictures all over Facebook that same month).  But alas, I've never been!

Our stops were Manzanillo, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo for two days, and Ensenada.  Mazatlan isn't safe right now so Ben just had to tell me about it.  Ah well.

It's like my camera threw up on my blog because there are lots of pictures in this post.  The fun and anticipated trip has come and gone, but the pictures and memories still make me happy.  Like my husband Ben.  =)

But first...the San Pedro Port.  A huge one.






Taking a picture with a sun hat on is hard when you're standing next to anybody.  But this is at our first stop... Manzanillo.



Downtown highrise anyone?  Penthouse suite maybe.


Manzanillo had really cool houses on the mountain/hillsides.  I wanted a panoramic shot, but there was another cruise ship parked in front of our balcony.  So we wandered the town and took a few shots.






Our cabin steward was a young guy named PUTU.  I wish I had a picture of him.  He was awesome.  I think "Ben" was easy for him to say, so he'd yell clear down the hallway "Beeeeeen!!!" and wave all frantically.
Puerto Vallarta panaramic shot from our balcony...


24/7 ice creaaam!!  I love this picture.  It looks blue screened.






Doing the limbo around the dining room.  Ben was too into his dessert to join me.  Or just too cool.  :)

Cabo was our favorite.  It is pretty pretty and some of the yachts were amazing.  I refused to take a water taxi to the walkable beach because it costs the same as these delicious drinks we had instead.  =)






Ben took a picture of this because he was chuckling about all the safety hazards.  And to get to the beach we had to walk right through the jobsite.  I felt like we should have had hard hats.

Lover's Beach is beautiful!!!  I couldn't even read my book because I just felt like I needed to be looking around the entire time we were there to soak it in.  And that's what I did.  So pretty!!  I only brought my little Canon because I worried about the water taxi ride (this was Cabo day #2).  Good thing because some ladies were full on belly flopping out of the taxis.  The whole water taxi system is hilariously a joke.  Ha.









Below is the other Carnival ship that was in Cabo on day one.  If you recall the Splendor, the ship that had a fire a year ago and spent four days being tugged back to shore while out of electricity, food, etc.  We met a lady in the hot tub who was on that ship.  The cruise we were on was her free one Carnival had given her after that disaster.  She told us quite the story about that "vacation" of hers.

We were in Ensenada on our Anniversary, but it decided to storm like a lot.  I think we spent the entire day in the hot tub and then napping.  Vacationing is hard work.  :)  Then we went to the steakhouse for deener.  Wahoo!

We both bought each other anniversary gifts from Teno without knowing it.  It's kind of turned into our jewelry brand that we adore.  And I had to throw some shoes in there.  They were on sale.  :)


This is what it looks like since you can't tell from the picture above.




We snapped pictures each time Ben had an ice cream.  Well, I missed 3, 4, 5 or so, but now he can print this off and bring it proudly to Crossfit and inform them of the true fatties we are.  ha
All in all it was soooo fun being together 24/7 and we're glad we were able to go!  We're going through major withdrawals and reality hit us in the face super hard come Monday morning.  Ya.  But that's basically our fun Anniversary trip!  Happy weekend before Thanksgiving time!  Hopefully everyone has fun plans!

6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! You always take great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! that's awesome you guys were able to have such a great adventure! i want to go on a cruise, bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes, Christy! That cruise looked awesome. Man. Makes me miss the warmth and sunshine! We're totally buried in snow and yucky gray clouds here in Utah. :(

    I have never heard of Teno jewelry, but that ring looks so simple and elegantly beautiful! You two really make the darn cutest, sexiest, loviest couple of all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so cute!! Looks like you had a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (11) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (38) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.