Happy Thanksgiving!!

We ran the Pima Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning with 549 other folk.  It was such a fun, fun time!!  I'm kind of sad it is over.  Not every day there's a big local race with friends!




Thanksgiving was spent with Becky's family here in town.  It was my first Thanksgiving I've ever been away from my own family (I take that back, last year we were on our Honeymoon), but Becky's family is really friendly and we honestly felt right at home.  It was nice of them to have us over and it was a really nice day, and they had a TON of pie to top it all off.  Like, tons.  And the weather was beautiful and sunny.  It is actually starting to finally feel a little like Halloween outside.
The Howard's shoot off rockets on Thanksgiving and the kids run through the fields to catch them.  This one happened to be ginormously long and the parachute only helped so much.  haha


Our yummy pit roasted turkey, thanks to the Howards!  We will be enjoying it throughout the next week+.
One day we drove past all these planes in Tucson and I was like PLANES!!!!  So I went home to look it up online and sure enough there is a museum there.  I've been telling Ben it would be a ridiculously FUN time, so Friday we went to the Pima Air Museum.  It was rather awesome.  Planes!!!




The Blackbird can go coast to coast in one hour and four minutes!!  If I recall, it was somewhere around 2,100+ mph.  That is so fast.  It's the picture below.
Meet mister Super Guppy... the whale plane.



And Ben said this plane (below) looked like it was a Disney plane.  The museum had quite a few "Disney planes," actually.  It's weird to think they used to fly around in the air.  Kind of like that bumble bee plane picture up top.  It held a record for the smallest plane built.




There is something called, like, "Merry Main" or something along those lines, the day after Thanksgiving.  Old Main is closed off and there are games/blow up toys and Santa.  And I think they turn the lights on in a countdown, but we missed that part because we were still Museum-ing.  But ya, the girls were cute, even if the picture turned out blurry.
I liked the Courthouse before they put Christmas lights on it.  It just got even cooler!!
Other recent babblings:
  • We found our first scorpion in house which Ben thoroughly smashed with a soup can.  Ben's black light search turned up no others.  Creepers.
  • Next week we hit our goal of six months which means a transfer (to a city) is now an option.  But will we put in for one immediately, we honestly don't know.  We don't quite know what is right for us yet.  We're trying to figure out a place that feels "right" to establish ourselves permanently.  Thatcher is great to raise a family, but it is just so small.  (Though living in a house in Thatcher has made a nice difference compared to the squishy/cozy apartment in Safford that we lived in at first.)
  • We went on a noteworthy Razor ride wherein I swear Todd almost ended our lives!!
  • We have a gecko in our house.  Do they eat scorpions by chance?
  • We don't have a Christmas tree yet.  I'm devastated!!!  Though Christmas music is blaring on a daily basis.
  • We're looking at running a Jingle Bell Run and/or a New Year's Eve run (one option is NYE morning, one is NYE night where you cross the finish line shortly before midnight).  They are all in the valley.  Come run with!
  • I'm super happy with the winners of Dancing With the Stars!  Though I've only watched like four episodes on Hulu, they were my favs from the start and he is inspirational.  I followed along on good ole Zimbio.com, news for celebs.
  • The Mormon Tabernacle Choir comes to Phoenix in 2+ months.  You can get tickets here, or we can go together and make it a date night.  In a perfect world I would drag my dad home afterwards to see our kickawesome town.  :)
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!  And thanks to those that included us, we are truly appreciative!  I can't believe another Thanksgiving has come and gone so quickly.  Thank goodness for the next month of holidays and more family time.  Love and miss you all.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving! I love that veggie tray turkey. Mmm...

    Best of luck in your decision. We are in the midst of that as well as far as where to buy a house that would be the best place for our kids and Mike's commute. STRESSFUL!

    Also, it will be neat to see your dad perform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turkey veggie tray is making my mouth water. Mmm... Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

    Good luck with the moving decision. We're in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to come by and say a big heart felt thank you for your lovelty comment on my weight loss stpry on Christi's blog today. I see you are a runner. Good for you. you look amazing. NOw that I have lost all that weight, I am training for a marathon:) So nice meting you

    xoxoox Hanna

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (4) B3 (46) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (52) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.