You had me at ..."Friend Request"

(The title was really the subject of one of Ben's emails!!  haha! awwh)

I think it's known I added my husband on Facebook.  I seem to remind everyone when that time comes around to reminisce again because that was such an exciting [and mysteriously freaky] time in life.  We'll be 85 and I'll be like, "remember 60 whatever years ago, today..."  This time it's been three years ago today that I found that hottie in some Facebook album, and randomly added him.  Score.

Then I denied it.  lol


"Oh please, I think you should just admit that you won a bet and as a prize you were able to be my new friend!  This whole 'I added you but don't remember' line is kinda cheesy!  I've heard that the direct 'hi, my name is _____, so nice to meet you' works just fine but this not so subtle 'accident' is kinda fun too!  Haha!  Jk!  Ok ...You have more shoes than many small countries, you have a ridiculously rad music video and like to lie about being an online predator.  What else should I know, before I develop a crush?"


I wrote a [sappy slash boring] song and he wrote me a poem.  The day I met him in person, 2/20/2009, he was sitting at the airport, hoodie zipped all the way up, baseball hat pulled down, totally scouting me out on the escalator before I could spot him.  Truth!!  And you thought I was shallow for adding him purely off his looks.  lol
I like you a lot Ben.  Thanks for giving this online predator a chance.  :)

I think I've posted this poem before, but I think it deserves a spot in two blogbooks?  My husband always makes me laugh.

"Uh oh"
written by Ben (on 2/3/09)

"Something is wrong,
Like a man in a thong.
I don't know what it is,
Wtf, what the shiz?
My mind can't focus,
On all my hocus pocus.
The mountain of work is calling,
But still I find I'm falling.
Where is my head at?
Plz come back, I need u stat!
Why can't I think?
Get me a drink,
I need some h2 oh,
I'm moving way too slow.
Oh wait, put down that tissue,
I know what's my issue.
The reason for my blank stare,
Its sitting right there.
I want so bad to take a look,
At my effing facebook.
To see if there's some emails,
From sexy sweet miss Hales!!

"1.27.2009" has a very creative name, indeed.  The song has some tweaking/dynamic changes that one day I will work on, but it is the one I wrote at the time so it has some silly sentimental value.  If I feel both ambitious and patient, I will one day orchestrate it.
video
Tomorrow is the 10k race and we have recruited some friends and it will be a lot of fun.  I have never run in tights and Ben has never run in women's shorts.  And I highly doubt Ryan has run in pink shorts before.  Doesn't a Retro Run sound like fun??  You should join us!!

Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your song!!! I can't get enough if somebody plays piano, makes me feel happy :)

    I met my boyfriend through match.com. NEVER thought I would find love online, always thought online dating is only for very desperate people. I lost a bet and HAD to be on match.com for 3 months. On my very last day, we met, that was 3.5 years ago and he is the best thing that ever happened to me :)

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (1) B3 (44) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (45) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.