Fabulous Februariness

1.  Wow I met Ben three year's ago today.  That is amazing.  It feels like yesterday, and it feels like a very long time ago.  I think the world of my husband!  We are soooo alike, share so many similarities and common interests, and we spend so much time together doing them.  I love you sweetheart!  You've made life a dream come true.  This is our first date picture while we were dancing at Moon.
2.  If you're FB friends with me, Ben, my mom, my brother, etc., you probably saw these.  Spartan released their shots of the race so here are a couple of them!  I just purchased the personalized video so hopefully I'll have that shortly.  (I also apologize for the wardrobe malfunction.)
Eric made the collage below...

Watch us pass the gladiators at the end.  I dodge them.  :)

3.  So...still sleeping on the couch.  Haven't slept this well since we moved to Arizona.  It's like camping every night (and you can eat in bed).
We are currently taking precautions to scorpion-ify our bed.  We're raising it off the ground, and wrapping the base with duct tape, reverse style.  I'm serious.  So if a scorpion tries to climb up, it shall stick.  Oh, and it's no longer against the wall.  Scorpions climb those.  They climb ceilings too.  They are freaks of nature with amazing climbing abilities!!
We were sprayed, and the exterminator (I asked millions of questions, poor guy) said we'd see more scorpions this week after being sprayed.  We have seen ZERO.  This is a good sign.  However we saw zero before one showed up in bed.  Who knows.  Too bad our carpet is scorpion colored.

4.  Every third Saturday is a "lighter" long run.  This one was a ten miler.  It was one of my most awesome feeling runs I've had.  I started slowly, ended strong, had all negative splits and brought my last mile to an 8 minuter.  I love runs that fill you with confidence and excitement for the next one.  I think it was the new shorts we picked up hours before...
Ben followed me for the first 5 miles so I could run in a remote area that doesn't have very many people, but it does have a pretty fast speed limit of 45.  He put on his flashers and stayed right behind me and listened to a book on tape.  =)  It was a great route!  I enjoyed the long, straight stretch of road, coupled with the pretty snow capped mountains and beautiful weather.  I hope to do it again next week!

If you want some excellent compression socks, I LOVE these CEP socks.  They have been worth the money.
Ben ran a new incredible 5k PR before my long run.  He never seizes to amaze me.  We have a race next week and he's shooting for sub 19, I'm shooting for an ambitious sub 24.  I'm proud of him!
5.  Valentine's Day was great (minus the random weather...wow)!  Ben bought me some pretty pink Jessica Simpson shoes!!  I adore that he can pick out all these shoes on his own.  I love them!  Aren't they cute?
That's my Spartan band on my ankle.  I've since taken it off since my ankle went from numb to hurting.  I didn't realize scorpion stings were so long-lasting.  I felt pretty cool with it on though.  Maybe it'll go back on soon.
I heart attacked his mirror and left him some of his favorite treats.  Tadah.  Ben is my happy.
6.  Ben made a peg board for our medals (he is so crafty!).  I think we will display them like this...

Unfortunately my bibs/medals from before this year are in a box in Utah.  But this is it so far!  Hopefully we fill it up full by this spring.  I'm in charge of the picture frame above it, and Ben will probably hang our bibs.
7.  We went to the local college basketball game this weekend.  I loooove going to games of this sort.  The game was pretty lopsided (favoring the Monsters!), but it was still fun to watch!!  It was fun to cheer along with the cheerleaders and hang out with peeps.  Go Monsters!  CUTE nieces.
I think that is all.  I'm slightly behind on my push-ups for the 100x, and my monthly running log is shy a few miles after the whole almost colliding with a car thing, but February is shaping up nicely.  Can you believe March is next week??  But Happy President's Day!!  I think everybody has to work today, though for some reason the club is closed for the holiday, so no classes today.  Have a great Monday!

7 comments:

  1. Great pics from the race, I think the ones you guys jump over the fire are especially bad ass :)

    I found my running partners through the local running club and then we started to meet on our own. Do you have a running club close by? I would really recommend joining them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some awesome pics!!! I can't wait to get back into a regular exercise routine. Mine is hit and miss right now. You coming into town for any Utah marathons...I'd love to see you guys. :)

    I'm so happy to see you so happy. Ben is perfect for you and an extremely good shoe picker outer...love them. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of alll I cannot believe you ARE stilll SLEEPIN GON TH ECOUCH. thAT IS CRAZY!!!! Can't you get an extirminator or something? Oh sheesh! LOVED the pics of the SPartan race:) The new shorts are totally cute I found like 5 pairs at under armor for $9 a pair I was psyched. I am also now thanks to you obsessed with those cpep socks. I bought another pair in green so now I wear themn every single run. LOVE THEM!!!! I love the idea of the werack to hold your race metals too. That's such an awesome idea:) and cutie high heels:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos! Off to check out the CEP socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos!

    I really want to get into running, just haven't found the ambition.. But looking at your pictures definitely makes it look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it true you didn't get passed once at Ragnar? If so, we have a prize for you! Leave me a comment on http://www.facebook.com/DigitalRunning.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.