January Runs Away

Happy Friday!!!  Hallelujah!  Our heater is getting fixed after two weeks of being broken!!  TWO WEEKS.  That's crazy huh.

BUT onto running-ness...
I'm on week 7 with 11 to go!  Still no announcement on the SL marathon as far as I know, but we're banking on it happening.  I will be heartbroken if it doesn't.  We'll be booking our flights shortly.

January
  • Total miles ran:  84.81
  • Days ran:  17
  • 5k PR of 25:15 @ 8:08 average
  • 10k PR of 53:03 @ 8:34 average
  • Time spent running:  13 hours 27 minutes
  • Longest distance:  10 miles
  • Half marathons:  0 (one scheduled for tomorrow)
  • Average temperature:  63 degrees
  • Races:  1-10k

  • Total times I passed the local running girl that won't acknowledge me:  4
  • Total times I said hi to said local running girl upon passing:  4  (There's always next month...)

Mostly I've run long runs by deciding mid run I'm going to keep going because I'm feeling so awesome and unstoppable at that moment.  But I like training and following a set plan.  The thing about a set plan, you don't necessarily get to plan your long run days to always land on your awesome feeling days.  I'm sure I'm going to have a blech day and have to count my steps to get me past mile 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, so forth and on.  I'm sure one of those days might even be rainy and I don't own a treadmill so I'll deal.  (I don't know if I can run very far on a treadmill.  I think I'd fall off the sides.)

Running log:

I have to split it up so I can read my log in our blogbook without a magnifying glass.




Arizona winters rock!  I'm still waiting for winter to hit actually, but once temperatures start to climb...so do my times.  Gotta take advantage now!!  Before you know it we'll need a hydration belt for one mile.  Last summer I suffered from the decision of drinking the water in my water bottle, or dumping it on my head.

My hubby is happy my phone fits in my new hydration belt.  Long runs = phone access.  Walah.  I've been using gel gummies for long runs, but they kind of sit heavy in my belly so we're trying some new items for this weekend...SPORT BEANS.

111.1 miles scheduled for February.  Bah.

I love running.  It is the best.  It is so addicting.  I wish some of my local friends agreed instead of thinking I'm loony.  lol  I promise I'm pretty cool.

8 days to the Spartan.  I am pretty scared.  And have a lovely weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a nice and detailed training plan! I use dailymile and excel sheet. I like your format much better! Did you set it up yourself?

    I mostly use sport beans, they are easy on my stomach, I can not get the gels down.

    Good job on your running!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I did do the spreadsheet myself. I'm kind of nerdy about tracking things. If you want a copy of it for yourself, let me know and I'll email it to ya.

      Delete
  2. Love the Jan recap details. Sport Beans were my favorite until I tried Honey Stinger Chews. So much better and not quite as sweet.

    I have very few friends who never get past the "you must be crazy for running." It is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might try to find some Stinger Chews. I loved the sugary taste of the Sport Beans until about mile 8, then I forced them down. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  3. Your awesome!!!!! Love seeing your training plans and such:) your not crazy. I'm addicted too!!! I sooooo wish we lived in the same city so we could run together!!! I'm also dreading the water ordeal and I can't run far at all onthe treadmill. It makes me feel like I want to die. I hate it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanna!! Just trying to catch up to you and your crazy long runs. I'm still planning on meeting up at a race sometime. :)

      Delete
  4. It's so very true that running (and exercise in general) can be very addicting if you enjoy it. And it's such a great thing to do with your spare time. It seems like there are so many other meaningless time-wasters in our world today that take priority over using our physical bodies for what they were created for! I am so happy for you and really admire your determination to set goals and follow through with great accomplishments!

    I, too, love running OUTDOORS and have had "seasons" in my life when I could do it often. At times when I see people running or read blogs like yours and feel kind-of discouraged that I'm not able to keep up on it like I used to, I have to remember that we all have seasons that come-and-go...and that someday I'll be able to go jogging regularly again. You are a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brooke! Do you remember the days when we used to run together? Like, elementary??

    Don't get discouraged with not having the time to run. You're in the chapter of life where you are juggling a lot of things that are more important, like family and your lil ones, and church callings, etc. Plus you are in fabulous shape with whatever you do! Ben and I are years behind you, and one day we'll probably be too busy to get out like we do now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.