May Runs Away


  • Total miles run:  50.35 miles
  • Days run: 16 
  • PR's set:  none
  • Time spent running: 8:24:11 
  • Monthly average pace: n/a (buncha track workouts without timing)
  • Longest distance: 5
  • Half+ marathons: 0
  • Average temperature: 95+
  • Races:  1 Foam Fest 5K that was really, really bad

I went from 38 miles ahead of my yearly goal, last month, to about 6-1/2 miles ahead now.  Obviously I'm not doing great, but what can ya do.

I had two weeks of no pain after the SL race, but the shins are bi-polar and it's back and forth.  I really don't want to take a whole month off, but we'll see.  After Juneathon, of course.  =)

Meanwhile...yesterday I ran in 100 degrees!  Ha.  It didn't even really bother me.  Remember when I thought 80 degrees was too bangin' hot!  Every run requires a hydration belt.  Even half a mile!!  Oh Arizona I love you.

SLC 4/21/2012
Sweet Ben filling my bottles with ICE.  Mile 21ish?  And James that just ran the half marathon in literally a brand new pair of Brooks.


Still not too late to sign up for Juneathon.  You don't have to run, you can do other types of fitness or whatever floats your boat.  Starts tomorrow wahoo.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you ran in 100 degree weather. You are my HERO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of Juneathon! Not sure I'll run everyday, but should definitely do something :) HOW is it June already?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog while searching for posts on the 5K Foam Fest to see if everyone hated it as much as I did. :) The consensus in blog-land is that yes, everyone hated it. Do you mountain bike too? If so, you guys should check out Sierra Adventure Sports' adventure races. They do a few over the summer here in the valley and one up in Flagstaff. They are always well run.

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (38) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.