Juneathon Day 28 - How to ENJOY the Treadmill

Run, blog, log everyday (or at least do something). 
Day 28 of 30
Stats
Distance:  0
Time:  45 minutes
Route:  Boot Camp - Cardio Weight Day
Total Juneathon running miles:  47.77
X training:  5


Boot camp was hard as usual and I'm sore as usual (perma-sore).  It's getting warm out these days...109 yesterday and today is going to be 111.  Last night we ate Rubios almost at dark and it was still 107.    We're almost in the thick of summer!  I want to see a haboob.


Ways to Make the Treadmill FUN:


  • Put the treadmill in a location that won't require you to stare straight at the wall.
  • Watch tv or bring your laptop/iPad and prop it up to watch a movie/show to pass the time.
  • Turn on closed caption and listen to music while watching the tv.
  • Listen to music.
  • Use a fan to imitate the breeze of an outdoor run (I need this).
  • Mix up the treadmill programming and schedule hard days and easy days.
  • Use commercial breaks as HILL climbs or SPEED intervals (genius).
  • Keep track of your runs and race yourself.
  • Read (I don't know if I can do this one).
I like to cover/turn off all the mileage and timing #s and I'll check it at the end of every other song, or at commercials only.  Otherwise I just stare at it and when it's hot in the gym those #s don't move very fast.  But it's all worth it.  =]

Only two more Juneathon posts.  Then I'm thinking about resting the leg a little.  Happy FRIDAY!

2 comments:

  1. I'm obviously slacking with the Juneathon posts, grr. One lump post coming right up! P.S. it was 110 today, gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of keeping the treadmill fun! I set up a laptop in front of it and watch on hulu some tv shows, currently The Bachelorette. I need and easy to watch show while running since I can not think well when I am running :)

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (12) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (40) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (28) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.