Juneathon Day 7 - Adventure Run


Run, blog, log everyday (or at least do something). 
Day 7 of 30
Stats
Distance:  4.21 miles
Time:  38:55
Temp:  100 degrees at start time
Route:  Mostly down Scottsdale road and back up again.  Including past the Porsche dealer... 
Total Juneathon running miles:  18.21
Total Juneathon walking miles:  1.56
X training:  1


So I'm late on my Juneathon post, but technically you get 24 hours to post after your workout...so I'm golden.

Last night was the first time I've run outdoors in a week or two and at about mile 2-1/2 I wrapped my shin, but today it is doing good!  Ben and I went to the Roadrunner Sports Adventure Run at the Scottsdale Roadrunner Sports.  I think they all do them once a month and it was pretty fun.
At 6:30 they drop a huge map off the side of a bus, with letters indicating difference businesses that have tickets.  You have exactly one hour to run as far as you can to get as many tickets as you can get.  Then they raffle off awesome gear, shoes, massages and even a Garmin and some other big prizes.  If you bought a tee-shirt before hand, you got double tickets.  Maybe we'll look into that.

We didn't win anything, but it was fun.  We will win one of these days.  Maybe it'll be after we know our way around and don't get lost!  It seemed like everyone turned around at the EFK location and we lost our herd.  A is where we started, and we turned around at H.  I bet G would have been our winning ticket...
Before the run, there were vendors there that would let you try the run wearing their gear.  If I wasn't wearing my sweet Gel 3030s, I might have taken up Asics.  Next time.
The next one is 21st at the one in Tempe.  I don't know if we'll make it, but I sure would like to!

Happy Friday!  I'm listening to 80s music today while I work.  80s music is awesome and always makes the day great.  Plus it always reminds me of the neighborhood pool my mom used to take us to in Kansas City when we lived there...in the 80s.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun life you have! I admire your motivation to run and keep in shape! Speaking of 80's music, Scott's band is opening for "The Romantics" tonight in Park City. They had a lot of hits...you should look some of them up like..."That's What I Like About You." XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness you went running in 100 degree weather? you are a crazy person! But awesome! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you didn't win anything, but this is a really cool run! One day you will win big :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds like fun! You should suggest that to the az bloggers group!

    I might have to check that out!!! wow!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (11) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (38) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.