It is almost August AGAIN.

It's nearing the end of July already, and I can't even understand how.  Last night Ben and I were talking about his upcoming [34th=official mid thirties] birthday and he didn't seem to realize that it's less than a week away.  "EFF.  We're running out of time.  . . .We need to get a Porsche!"  And my thoughts are the same, except we need to get a puppy.  We need to bring my puppy out here to live with us STAT.
In reality we're making plans for the future and trying to make decisions on timelines.  It's fun but kind of a stressful kind of fun.  I would like to hold the year 2012 for five or ten more years.
In fun news, we have seen lots more monsoons lately, and even haboobs, though the only haboob pictures I've seen are on the news and Facebook.  I'm still waiting to see one in person.
Below is a haboob picture.  Pronounced huh-boob [which radio DJs are thrilled about].
Between the haboobs, we are in Arizona and still get a lot of sun.  I have this application called "MyRadar" that I like to check and see when and where the storms are, and we plan our pool time accordingly (after Ben mocks me).  I always wanted to be a meteorologist and used to give the weather forecast every day for my current event in 5th grade.
The sunsets are extra pretty during monsoons.
Friday we went to see Batman.  I agreed to see the movie if Ben took me to It'sugar candy store beforehand.  It was a great movie, and Ben grinned the whole time which was cute.  I kept getting uncomfortable at the gun parts, like when Bane holds up the Stock Exchange and sprays the crowd with bullets.  Friday morning I followed the Batman shooting pretty closely, and it just kind of made the movie a little more real.  I can't stop thinking about what the victims and their families are going through, and will go through for the rest of their lives.  It's horrible.  Did that really happen?
My camera is old and fabulous.  I really like Ben's hat and we (I) got over a pound of candy.
In happy news, the Olympics opening ceremonies are Friday.  You can find a schedule at London2012.com that looks like the one below.  We'll be watching athletics, cycling-BMX, diving, gymnastics, modern pentathlon, swimming and triathlon.  We may add some beach bolleyball, cycling-track, table tennis, synchronized swimming, taekwondo, trampoline and weightlifting to the mix.  It will be a busy two weeks.
In other happy news, we haven't seen a single scorpion since moving to the city and I'm back to walking around the house barefoot.  I can't believe we lived with them like that.  That is pretty happy news.

That's all.  Have a great day!  I will be doing the same while listening to 90s on 9 again.

Can't touch this.
=]

4 comments:

  1. I need to get this Olympic schedule sheet, awesome!!! I wish I could take off from work and watch Olympics all day! :)

    I hear you on decision making, my BF and I had many talks the last few days and I feel 2013 will be BIG. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doggie and you and your hunny are the cutest. I would have been kinda freaked to go to the movies after the DEnver incident.:( Still praying for a healing leg. soon I hope. It;s been so long now I will be at square one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely wouldn't mind getting a Porsche!
    Such a cute puppy :D & I love the pictures.
    I am hoping to watch the Olympics but I always get so dang busy :(
    So glad to hear you aren't battling scorpions any more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ask me anytime, anything you want, I'm a meteorologist :) These dust storms have been crazy! The whole Denver shooting is very sad, I'm from Denver and was there for Columbine in 1999. SO sad and praying for everyone there. You and your hubs are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (12) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (40) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (28) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.