My Mom's Engaged! And life.

Saturday morning my lil brother text me that Jeff was going to pop the question that night!  So all evening I awaited the news!

He took her to The Roof, where they had their first date, and proposed!!  They have it on video, but I haven't seen it yet.  But the ring is gorgeous!  And they are looking at a 2012 wedding.  Soon!

Congratulations to the happy couple!
Welcome to the family, Jeff!  (He is cool.)
2.
So we've lived in the city a whole three+ months and just love it.  We've started to house hunt because we want to live here for a long time, so it's time to buy when our lease is up.
Recently we went to dinner with some new friends, and they have seen about one scorpion in their new home each month.  Listening to their horror stories about not feeling comfortable in their own home is a good reminder that we don't want to do that again.  Building would be fun, but new construction up here can have those nasty buggers for awhile.  Who knows where we'll end up.
Lots of homes here have pools but I don't know if I want to worry about our own.  A community pool would be nice.  But I do want this fake grass stuff.  And I think these little tiny pools are super cute.
3.
This is my adorable puppy.
This (these, if you spot Comet) is my sister's pup.
4.
Instead of going to track tonight, I'm blogging (and eating).  The doc said no running until my xray results come back clean, which will probably be tomorrow.  I'm working with a physical therapist and if there's no progress in a few weeks, then I'll have an MRI on my leg.

I hope the xrays come back clean, but I have a hunch they will!!  Apparently xrays often give good news with stress fractures, even if they're lying.  lol

X marks the spot.  6 months of problems, spot.
5.
Since my mom got engaged and is now planning a wedding, Ben and I were chatting about how this time two years ago we were planning ours and how much fun, work and stress it was!!  Gawsh.

Old news, but fun to look at... wedding dress shopping via the wedding blog.  I copied/pasted so the spacing is funky.

The final fitting.




Pink train idea from this image below:
Before I changed the neck (below):

Below is the dress BEFORE my hoop petticoat.

Ben was 100% involved in picking my dress.  One of the best decisions.


Second favorite dress! Really pretty too...

A couple others:


Cupcake.



And tadah.  Freakin' fun memories!!!

Good luck to my sis at the Tinkerbell 1/2 this weekend.  She's going for sub 2:00!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to your mom!!!! Love your pictures with the dress. I hope I will go dress shopping soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun your mom is getting married and that you're house hunting too! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh congratulations to your mom! That is so neat :D I love the pictures of you in all the dresses! I can't wait to go dress shopping.. one day!
    P.S. Your package should be there today or tomorrow :D!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (12) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (40) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (28) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.