Running Survey!!

I'm re-living the fun through this running survey since I'm sidelined at the moment. Sad face.


What is your favorite type of cross training? 
I love Zumba and dance!! But I like strength training that makes me super sore.

What is your favorite song to run to?
It changes. But I listened to "Standing Outside the Fire" by Garth Brooks as I crossed the finish line of SLC, and a few times on repeat. That song totally rocks and I'm a proud country music loving, Buhr.

What brand of shoes do you wear?
All my running shoes right now are Asics.  Thank goodness they are finally getting the memo that color is fun.


Do you wear a hat when you run?
It's too hot now. In the winter sometimes.  Fun fact:  I have a small head (don't draw any conclusions) so I have to wear children's hats.
This hat is boys.


What temperature is your favorite for running?
< 60, most importantly it has to be cloudy

Do you have any big races coming up?
Yes, but I'm worried I won't be trained, so I'm not posting about them quite yet.

What is your favorite distance?
Not the 5k. lol

Are you a morning, noon, or evening runner?
Evening.  I'm a grump in the morning.


Do you run solo or with a buddy?
Solo or with the hub, but hopefully more with groups this fall.

What is your favorite post run snack?
OJ and I like Syntha-6 cookies and cream protein shakes alright. 

What is your favorite race?
I like the ones with lots of hype and festivities. I also like short races that give out medals to every finisher because that is so fun.


Do you wear a Garmin? If not, how do you track your distance?
Garmin 110
I wear it watch face facing in because it's much less annoying to look at the inside of your wrist than twist your arm and look at the outside when you check your pace as much as I wish I didn't.


What is my least favorite race?
Ones that aren't easily marked.

Where is your favorite medal from?
SLC Marathon
It's gold.


How long have you been a runner?
15 years, but 1-1/2 years of "real" training (good AZ weather) and wanting to be faster.

Do you run with your wedding/engagement ring on?
Yessem.  I also carry mace so don't get any ideas.


What is your favorite workout? tempo? long run? fartlek? repeats?
I love fartleks and intervals, but my shin has been an issue for awhile. Probably should've seen the doc awhile ago.  I do not recommend self diagnoses or denial.

What is your favorite place to run?
I get creeped out very easily in areas with little going on unless Ben's with me. I like it a bit busier.

Do you use Gu?
No. It is gross. I use Shot Bloks and Sport Beans, etc., and am holding out on Gu as long as possible. We got a TON of free Clif Gels the other day, so I'll probably use em along with the box of GU awaiting my belly, in our pantry.  Or leave them for Ben.  Ben does Gu.


What do you drink to keep hydrated?
Water. Hammer Heed Electrolytes. I'd like to try some new stuff, but not until the Hammer Heed runs out.

What do you take with you on a run? Does it vary by distance?
In the winter I can run almost 10 miles with very little water. Otherwise I carry my hydration belt with my Shot Bloks, Sport Beans, water/electrolytes, cell phone, sometimes camera, and I carry jogger's mace in my right hand. Usually my belt weighs about 3 lbs and it takes some adjusting, but I would have died without it in marathon training.

Feel free to join in!  Happy humpday!

4 comments:

  1. Very fun information to learn about you. I gotta get me some mace pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I will definitely be doing it late this week. I have to try and make it to work one day this week:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you post as often as you do to keep me entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really cool to read this running survey about you! I so wish I could get in to running, but I definitely need a buddy to kick my butt in to gear.

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (1) B3 (44) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (45) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.