The Ends of October (4 days to Christmas music).

We were looking at a home with our Realtor and decided to drive by some of the neighboring other homes in similar price points as the one we were currently looking at, since most of them weren't active listings anymore.  Just to do personal curb appeal comps, I guess.

I plugged the address in the GPS for one similar sq/ft home and I didn't think much of it.  We pulled up from the back way and were both like, "oh this one looks so much like the brown house!!  Such a similar neighborhood too.  Like, soooo similar..."
...it's even got the same address.  It hasn't closed yet, but somebody still pulled out the depressingly droopy tree!  The curb appeal was instantly so much better and we both kind of kicked ourselves for not jumping on this one sooner.  Are you kidding me?
This weekend I had a 10 miler and was really looking forward to it because I was finally doing one outdoors.  It's still summer around here, but on top of running out of water and not knowing the area I was running in very well (so I just ran around one super rich neighborhood to be safe [lol] = boring), I came down with a semi-new pain... my left hip.

(I thoroughly enjoy all of the fluffy bunnies.  They are everywhere and sometimes startling when they come bouncing towards you at life threatening speed.  So cute.)
Just after seven miles, I had Ben bring me more water.  Then I decided to jump in with him and finish my run on the treadmill in case my hip required me to forfeit the rest.  I finished the entire run, but ran SO slow for the last 2 miles to avoid hip pain.  

Ben dealt with hip pain while training for SL last spring, so he knows what it's like.  So now I'm dealing with IT band problems I guess, and I hope to be able to roll/stretch/massage my way out of it in the next few weeks.  (Any hip pain advice?)  The shin is doing well and physical therapy did work.  Just moving on down through the injury list.  Shux.
This is what I look like on the TM.  lol  I was still connected to satellite I guess (I kept my Garmin to watch my HR).  I promise I don't drink and run, or even drink at all.
A couple of pictures from Maggie's Race 10k, 9k and 5k.  (We did the 10k.)  It makes me so happy when races give you pictures for free instead of taking an arm or leg.
Getting ready to run!  You can see the lake behind me on the left.  Beautiful course.
3. . .2. . .1. . .
Importantly. . .I finally spent the rest of my birthday money on fabulous make up.  A few years ago I would never have been able to hold on to cash for this long.  Ha.  It's an impressive set-up, this palette of pop ups and actual lights when you open it.  I haven't bought make up since we got married because I was such a make up hoarder beforehand that I haven't run out.  Kind of h-u-m-o-r-o-u-s, my priorities back then:   make up, clothes and shoes.  (The shoe thing... still way up there.)
Sushi is still way up there.  Especially take out sushi for $23 from this place that is so cheap that we have had it every weekend for a month.  And it's walking distance.  Oh man.  TWENTY THREE DOLLARS.
We are mere days away from our 2nd wedding anniversary (crazy) and will be headed out on a cruise with some friends to celebrate.  We'll be gone during the election, so we sent in our votes.  Just a friendly reminder don't forget to vote.  No excuses (unless you're my little 18 year old brother who just registered to vote... which it is too late. haha!).
Have a great last week of October, and have a great Halloween!!  We might be putting in another offer on a cute little home with a pool this time.  It already has an offer in on it (of course), but who knows.  Keep ya posted.  Have a great day and week!

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! My early voting card never came in the mail but LUCKILY I was able to do early voting in person the day I left the country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is amazing what a difference it makes to have that tree gone from that house! wow! good luck with the house hunt, you'll find something fabulous! and all that sushi for $23- awesome! looks delicious too! have a fun cruise- i'm so jealous!! can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, you are really plagued with injuries lately. It could be it is all connected. Did you see a chiropractor for a good ART (Active Release Therapy) yet? I had hip pain 2 years ago and ended up with a hip bursitis. It was due to tight hamstrings and glutes. Especially women have those issues. Hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you are having hip pain, hopefully you feel better soon! Love the pictures, I cracked up about the treadmill one. Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise :) Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (12) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (40) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (28) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.