Today I Quit My Job & Yeah

(I do a lot of Photoshopping of my head on things, etc. which is why I'm so good at it if you were wondering).  But if you haven't been on my Facebook account today, then you haven't heard that I quit my job this evening.  What a day is all I can say, holy fetch.

I shall vent. . .

I won't go into the everything because it's long and boring, but today I went into work to read an email saying that my job had now changed, thus my hours were now going to be more (uh).  We had a meeting about it, and I told them if my job was changing that my pay should change as well.  Their response was essentially no.

The problem is the new hours would require me to quit my morning at home job, that I've been with for 6-1/2 years, that is way more secure than a job I've been with for four whole months.  They argued that even though I have only been there four months, it was a very secure job with a bright future and growth ahead.  

So that was my ultimatum.

So I thought about it, called Ben and discussed it, then I went to my boss and told him that having that ultimatum, "I quit."  I actually lit into him about how bogus the situation was and that an ultimatum was not the way to get me there more (I had nothing to lose at this point).  They were sincerely shocked that I was walking out?  I guess I appear to be a pushover or something...  I really don't know.

My boss asked me to keep coming to work to help out until they hire somebody new (I left on fine terms with my boss).  Half hour later I brought him my keys and work manuals, and he looked at me and said, "did you change your mind, you aren't coming in tomorrow??"  Then he said he was putting together a new offer now that I've been there for a few months.  
At this point I feel like it shouldn't take quitting to get an offer I originally deserved.  So I came home and applied to two jobs, haven't decided if I'm going back tomorrow or not.  I actually stayed until almost 7 tonight to help get a bid out because I feel bad for my co-worker whom is about to be back to doing it on his own.

That's the abridged version of my saga.  The tragedy in all this is I actually really liked my job and went every day because I really wanted to.  The work was challenging and made time fly.  I guess this story is to be continued. . .and I guess I'm going to go to bed.  I'm exhausted.  


Two days to Friday!!

If you want to see my little brother's missionary blog that my dad will be uploading his pictures/stories to, here it is:

9 comments:

  1. You have to do what is best for yourself so sleep on it. Hopefully your mind will be clear after a goods sleep and you will make the right decision. I hope it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second BBB. I do think you did the right thing by quitting. You shouldn't have to put with that. Keep us posted and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second BBB. I really think you did the right thing by quitting. You shouldn't have to put up with that garbage. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a day! I think you did the right thing. It might be a little sudden and shocking, but the way they handled this situation is just wrong and I'm sure if you would stay there, things like that will continue and frustrating you. Good luck with finding a new job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! It sounds like a scene from a movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've quit so many jobs...but your quitting story tops all of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WAY TO GO! I hate when people try to push people around just because they think they can. Love reading your blog and seeing your strong marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say good for you!!! I think honestly it seemed like it was too much anyway. I'm glad you stuck to your guns. SO WHAT HAPPENED?

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (1) B3 (44) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (45) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.