Race Day - Arizona Spartan Sprint (+ my rambles)

Race: Arizona Spartan Sprint
Location: McDowell Mountain
Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
Distance: 4.7 miles plus 15+ obstacles

Goal: none
Time: 58:49
Age group placement: 6th Elites
Gender placement: 32nd Elites
Overall placement: 40th Elites
Total finishers: 5635 Finishers

It was a balmy 38 degrees and windy for Ben's 8am elite heat, and my 8:15am.  When I saw a "winter storm" on the radar for Saturday, I began to dread this race.  Last year we were drenched in the first 1/4 mile.  Brrr.

Ben is below right, in the black!  This was at like 3.5-4 miles, somewhere in that range.
McDowell Mountain is really, really pretty, and had I not been so cold, I would have taken a bazillion pictures.  I was excited about some blue sky here, and some sunshine!
And tadah!  Team Nemesis this year?  One [awesome] person.
Soooo I didn't even race.  I was way too cold to get wet.  haha!  I debated and debated, and thought I'd wait and see how Ben felt afterwards, or maybe wait until noon when my in-laws were racing when it might warm up.  

What a weather fluke of a day to have the Spartan.  I stole (with permission of course) some of Nate, Becky & friends pics since we are the worst cheerleaders and didn't stick around.  (We did hook up later.)
(Below is where I burned my calories shivering.)  :D
-----
On top of not running the Spartan with Ben, we took a giant step in the wrong direction with the home we're trying to buy, a short sale.  Last week the bank countered 30% over market value.  We really want this house, but not more than we don't want to be upside down in it.  So the deal may be close to dead.

It's sad because the owners are going to probably foreclose next month, and the bank won't get any more for the house at that point.  Banks just don't believe in logic.  Bah.

Soooo we are still looking at homes and have two others in mind after this weekend.  Look how cute this pool is. . . (in AZ you really need access to a pool in the summer).  I call it the "desert jungle pool."
-----
The nice thing about not working as much anymore, is I actually cook dinner again (yippee!).  This dish is potatoes (I used sweet), chicken, green beans with dry Italian dressing seasonings.  Cover with tinfoil, bake at 350 for one hour. . .walah, it comes out like this.  Thank you Pinterest (of course).
I found a copycat Cheesecake Factory's Madeira Chicken recipe that I want to try next.  It will require me to buy wine,. . . which I have never done before. . .
-----
We received our first letter from Elder Hales (note that my name is first because I am more loved).  Dallin is doing great, liking the MTC (Missionary Training Center), got 1-2 hours of sleep his first night there, and was put in as District Leader his second day!  He will head to Tucson a week from today.  I am a proud sis.
-----
February weather around here has been odd.  It's almost like a winter monsoon season.  It's been super cold these last few days which is great for my heart rate when I run, but I am such a wuss (read: didn't do Spartan).  

I am constantly snapping pictures on my routes.  When I first got to Arizona I was like, "eh. . .weeds. . .dirt, where's the green. . ." but now I find Arizona to be super pretty and I am obsessed with cactuses...cacti (plural form. . .still don't know), and the sky.  

I am going to go out with my camera and shoot some HDRs here soon.  I'm stoked as.
Now that I've officially bored the world with my ramblings, I will leave you with a little fun secret of mine:

I'm back dancing.  Ballet.  I'm soooo happy too.  I'm "stoked as."
Have a wonderful week and don't freeze or get snowed in.  3 days until Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Ben!!! I love how you're doing ballet once again - that's awesome! I think you're never too old to do anything, right? ...except to be cold though. No age is good for that! It's weird you're having cold weather down there - just in time for Dallin to go down there! Love you...
    XO Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job to your hubby!!! Glad your not working the second job! So sorry about the house! It is a frustrating process!! That little pool is adorable!
    How cute are you in your ballet tights! I haven't done ballet since I was 5 but wish I could! I news a little more grace!!!
    Have a great wel and happy valentines day if I don't see you:) xoox Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous you're doing ballet! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job to Ben for doing so great! Bummer it was so cold though!
    I've always wanted to try ballet!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (37) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.