Gone Away May [almost] -- Next up: JuneATHON

I guess you noticed that I threw in the "blog every day in May" towel.  The month of painting, moving + working OT probably wasn't the best time to take that on.  Next month will be better.

Not much new with us (other than a house), and we're getting settled in the desert.  It is really desert-y here, and you know my newly found obsession for cactuses....cacti... 
We have a lot of frogs.  And bunnies.  We found FOUR small bunnies in our pool.  It was so sad!!  I couldn't look.
We recently made a visit to the Porsche dealer just to help with dashing Ben's hopes and dreams when he spent from his fund on our new house.  Now we're slowly building the fund back up so Ben can one day get his Porsche (or we have a kid or the truck breaks or the AC goes out or we lose a job or... just kidding Ben).  

I used to be a compulsive picture taker, and I want to get back to that.  It was fun.  I haven't opened Photoshop once since we've moved.  Lame as.
In a couple of weeks this little man Rykar (he is almost TEN) is coming down in a Uhaul with my sweet dad.  I am so excited that I can't even express it.  He is the cutest thing ever, and I know he will love spending his days with me.  I don't know if he will enjoy spending his nights all sad and alone because somebody in our house [not me] has set the 'no dog in the bed' rule, but he will be close by us.  lol
He is deathly afraid of water and he thinks he's in trouble when I dress him up, but I'm convinced you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Starting with this:
And then these Chucks:
It gets hot in AZ in the summer, and I don't want his paws to burn.  :]
-----
It's almost June, which means Juneathon is about to start.  On my last post from June last year, I said, "I would definitely do Juneathon again if I could adjust it to posting once a week because I would find myself dreading the blogging part."  
Now that it's been a whole year, I find that I want to give the entire Juneathon thing a shot again.  You know when you do something not-so-easy (maybe like run a race in the heat), and then as more time goes by you look back and remember only the good parts while the bad is forgotten, and all of sudden you talk about doing it again because it was 'OMG so much fun.'  I think this might be in that category.  :P  

Juneathon is going to:
  • Keep me motivated in triple digit temps
  • Keep my summer mileage from being a fat zero
  • Help me prepare for Flagstaff's 1/2 in August (this one is going to be a killer...7000 elevation and a hilly course)
  • Get me ready for a possible PR at one of the the Dumbo Dare races over Labor Day weekend (oh please please please)
  • Just get me off my booter
  • I think that if I complete Juneathon, my husband will buy me a new pair of kicks.  :D  I have been thinking of trying some Mizunos.  I have tried them on before, but always end up out the door with my beloved Asics.
Juneathon is run (or at least do something), blog and log everyday.

Last year I had posterior tendinitis so I did some cross training (like this picture below...I believe it was 110 degrees here).
There are only a couple of things holding me back.

1 - Injury.  I really should not be running very far everyday yet.  Must play it safe.

2 -  The article below and why some people suck.  Please run safely friends!

So on that note, Juneathon starts in 2 days!!  Now I'm held to it since I blogged about it.  No turning back.
-----
Lastly, this weekend Ben installed a new fan in our master, and we set up my shoe room.  This picture gets way more of a reaction out of people than I expect it to.  I can't be the only serious shoe lover??
If you are going to judge me, do it on the fact that I've been listening to Christmas music all week.  Not my awesome shoe collection.  :]

Have a nice weekend.  Please be safe!!

Juneathon in 2.

5 comments:

  1. Rykar is the most precious and cute little thing. Please let him in the bed :( Disney is such a fun and flat course so you have a really good chance of PR'ing one of the races. I have PR'd the half for the past three years. Your shoe collection is crazy! How do you even remember what shoes you even have? Be careful running...that story is pretty scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you posted the picture of your shoes :) It is quite the collection.

    Good luck with Juneathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No judging necessary because you are just seriously too cute!
    Juneathon-what a fun idea. Is there a website hosting it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to take pictures of Rykar acclimating to the raft and shoes! Make sure that's well documented! Haha, I can't wait! (And let me know if the shoes work and how much they cost, haha.)

    And be careful jogging out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make sure you post pictures of Rykar acclimating to the shoes and raft! That would be hilarious! And let me know if the shoes work and how much they cost, hahaha.

    And be careful jogging out there! Ever thought of bringing a panic button or one of those loud siren things to go with your mace?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.