I'm out of creative titles...long ago... JD11

Today was a rough work day based solely on the fact that I randomly woke up exhausted, and just could not wake up all day long.  My usual solution is caffeinated Crystal Light (somebody is genius), but alas... all out of the caffeinated packs.

Today was a treat.  Clouds!  And to think I missed the perfect running opportunity for the treadmill.
Today was Juneathon Day #11, so I did 3 easy miles at a 9:12 pace and a short cool down.  Then I came home and had half a bagel, put on a hat to cover my already saturated hair, and headed to Crossfit with mister Ben.

We did burpees for warm-up, deadlift (1, 1, 1, 1, 1) for weightlifting, and the WOD was 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, rep rounds of deadlift (65lb for me) + 200m run.  Ben finished, like, first with a 10:xx, and I finished in 15:19.

I had a hard time with the math :] but it was 1-1/4 miles total of 200m sprints, which put me at 4-1/2 for the day.  Not a ton, but more than I was hoping to get now that my right shin is rebelling a little bit.  I'm trying to maintain a streak while keeping my weekly mileage down a little bit.  But I'm still on track to new shoes!!
When we got home I said, "I'm surprised we haven't seen any scorpions now that it's so hot out and we just got sprayed."  And literally after I said that, "ooooooohIspoketoosoon."  One was chillin' on the garage wall as we opened the garage.  Surprisingly, I do not have the heebie geebies as I write this.

Ben put it in a bag, filled it with water (I don't think it can control its tail under water), and currently it resides in the freezer.  We've heard they survive nuclear testing and being frozen for months, we're testing out the latter.
To be continued...

Today's mileage:  4-1/2
Average pace:  3@9:12, .25 cool down, 1-1/2 miles of 200m sprints

Total June mileage:  28 miles

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try cross fit but have been a little intimidated by it! Looks like you had a great workout today. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that about scorpions! I would love to hear if it works. That would be awesome. As far as your work out goes, I have no idea what you're talking about, but you are an inspiration! I really need to start some sort of workout.

    May the Force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (1) B3 (44) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (45) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.