JD14 - A Hot Date Night!

Today was a pretty good day [and hopefully yours was equally as happy seeing as it's the wonderful day of Friday].  Friday means lunch date, and Ben, Joey (co worker) and I stopped by Nordstrom Rack to peruse for a short moment, and found some Kinvara 3s for $59.97.

Ben's been wearing the Mirages and wanted to go back to the Kinvaras which he used to run in, so it was practically a sign.  I'm kind of eating my words on going with neutral shoes, but just look at them.  Nice job Saucony.  You suckered me in based on being my favorite colors.  So now I have a neutral pair to work into the rotation.
Up close and personal...
Now I'm trying to convince Ben that these are my 1/2 way point reward for Juneathon.  lol  He said I can have one shoe now ...and the other at the end of the month.
I didn't try them out today.  I'm going to wait until tomorrow or Sunday's shorty.  Tonight Ben and I went on a date night 10k around the area we live!  We covered ourselves in various flashy red and white light bands and ran with a headlamp in the brisk 103 night temperatures.  For some reason it was a tough run for me and I was feeling the heat by the 1/2 mark.  But it's done and day 14 = success, while Ben likes his new kicks!  (Ben did Fran before this run because he's a [hottie] beast!!)

Look what we found when running over the canal...
He died.

Today's mileage:  6.2
Average Pace:  9:51

Total June mileage: 37.7

Tomorrow is the 1/2 mark for June.

Tomorrow is also the official start for monsoon season around here.  Bring on the clouds and storms (just nothing too drastic).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (4) B3 (46) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (52) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.