Disney in 19

I love my Newtons!!  They remind me of my Gel-Noosa Tris, but with less of a heel drop and a bit more comfortable.  I ran my first longer run in them, and never once thought about my feet or arches during.

So there are 19 days until the Dumbo Dare!  It is getting close!  I am doing most of my running on the treadmill these [monsoon-lessly hot, summer] days.  The treadmill is tough, but I think I am beginning to mentally master it and 95% of the time I don't even watch tv.

My weird treadmill trick:  I count 3 songs per mile!  So if I'm running a 10 miler I do 10x3 = 30 songs, and I count down each song as it comes on, and I cover the treadmill #s so I have no idea where I'm at.  Somehow I don't lose track of my song count (I'm weird),...though Ben thinks he would so maybe that's hard.  The fun thing is I mentally commit myself to 30 songs of running, and usually my run is over with many songs to spare since 3 per mile is a little excessive (but it always varies).
I figure it's okay to show Jolie's costume, pre-race, since she posted it on FB.  She's creative and goes way back with Jessie.
My costume is pretty cute (of course I think that), but I won't have all the pieces until race weekend since my sis picked them up for my b-day present, which is the same day as the 1/2 marathon (thanks sis)!  It consists of wearing these ears that I just bought online:

Looking forward to the Disney Races (if you can't tell).  You will probably hear me talk about how excited I am, a million more times.  Have I ever been this excited for a race?  Maybe once.
Isn't that the truth?

Have a fantastic Monday!

1 comment:

  1. That costume is so cute! I am sure yours is going to be just as cute! I keep telling myself that I am going to dress up one for a Disney race but it never happens. I can't believe Disney is just 19 days away and I don't even have a plan yet. My mind is focused on the marathon these days!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (12) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (40) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (28) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.