Thank goodness it's FRIDAY.

I haven't rambled in bulleted form for in awhile:

  • Ben and I have been married for 1000 days!  At church the other day, I asked him if he remembered our last Sunday before getting married!  He sat there thinking hard and could not remember anything...at all.  Then I clued him in that it was probably because he was in the hospital, un-alert.
But I do remember that last Sunday, and the cute elderly couple that brought the sacrament to us in the hospital room.   :]  I'm amazed how slowly those days before the wedding went, but how quickly they go by now.  (I'm not sure this widget was designed for 4 digits.)





  • My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, so I was pleasantly surprised when Elder Hales' letter arrived and this beautiful card was in it, addressed to not Ben, but me (awesome...guess who is more looooved).  I knew exactly what I was going to get with it!
I wonder how many Revlon Lip Balm Stains I will be able to blow this card on, because they are amazing.  1?  3?  5?

ZERO.
Haha.  Ben and I have come up with a nice package in return...




  • In June we ran the Scottsdale Beat the Heat.  Fast forward and one of Ben's co-workers was at the dentist or something, and recognized our pictures in the Scottsdale Health magazine!




  • Somebody has a birthday tomorrow, my amazing dad, Brian.  So HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  See you in a few weeks.  :)




  • We are 21 days away from the Disney Dumbo Double Dare.  The Dumbo Dare is a Saturday morning 10k, then a Sunday morning half marathon, and you get one medal for each race and an additional third medal if you complete them both!
I have been putting in the time and effort for this race and even though it's the only Arizona summer I've actually trained for a race during, I feel like I'm in a pretty good position!

I've had some new right leg IT band tightness and knee pain (I have NEVER had knee pain...) and just barely started having some shin issues on my right leg again (but in a new location), but I have been taking care of my legs and running at a slower pace to help recover, and it seems to be helping.  I really, reaaaally hope this race goes as well as the effort I have put into the training!!
3+ weeks until our first Disney race days!!




  • On that note, I have the marathon itch again lately and have been debating if I want to do another full this late fall/winter or not.  I have my eye on the Tucson race, which is a fast course and would also be a good opportunity to PR either the 1/2 or full (and maybe hunt down some missionaries).

Other races we're considering:  Las Vegas 1/2 (for our 3rd anniversary get-away), and I'm looking at the Women's 1/2 Marathon Series in Scottsdale, that is also in November.  Currently we're just planning through the end of 2013.  I have no idea what 2014 will bring us, besides my 30th birthday.  Holy crap.




  • One thing I learned more about when we ran with Racelab, was running cadence and how the optimum running cadence is 180 bpm, or 170-190 steps per minute (who knew you were supposed to take a certain number of steps per minute of running...) regardless of your pace (what?! ya!!).  I've found that songs with close to 180 bpm really help me when I'm getting tired at the end of a run, and my form starts to fall apart. 
This one is 182 bpm.  It is Michael Jackson so you know it is good and you must partake of a listen (you may have to go take the link to YouTube if it won't play from my blog).  I put it on repeat...
My next musical adventure will be trying to run to movie soundtracks.  New clothes and music are prime examples of motivation.



  • I always have my eyes on multiple pairs of new heels or runners... (click image to be taken to the site).





  • A couple of untouched cell phone shots of the monsoon sunsets.  They are so pretty!  I have been disappointed in our amount of storminess this summer.  We were hammered for a minute, but now we keep drying out.  Still time left in monsoon season... come on storms...




  • Elder Hales is doing great and just hit his 6 month mark!  He was transferred to East Tucson!  If you look at the image of the districts in his Tucson, Arizona mission, perhaps he will spend the rest of his mission in actual Arizona.  I hope he is there in December!



  • My other brother has posted another video from China.  The videos are pretty interesting and funny.  Like when he teaches his Chinese co-worker to say, "go to hell."  LOL  I want to go to China so bad!


Annnnnd that is all.  Have a fantastic weekend!!  I have been working on a project as fast as I can possibly work, for the past three months, so I'm stoked for a weekend and a break from working!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing the gift card was meant to be a joke, ha ha, but I would have been so bummed!
    Sounds like you have had a lot going on :D
    Happy birthday to your dad!!
    Your brother is pretty hilarious! I watched the whole video ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (37) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.