Fly-By February

If you recall, I set running goals for the year, to run from Phoenix to SLC in distance.  I ended January with 55 miles, 5 miles less than my monthly goal.  Yeah!  haha

It has been really hard to be motivated lately for a million reasons.  I think an injury hurts your mojo and I really miss pushing myself and not running at a snails pace.  We are running our next 1/2 on Saturday!
That being said, by end of January I made it to Wickenburg, where Selena Gomez was in rehab.
(My cute high heels runner was drawn by my cartoonist sister.)

-----

The Gilbert, Arizona LDS Temple had its open house where anyone was invited to take a tour and see what the inside of our temples look like.  Dedication takes place this Sunday!
This is temple #4 in Arizona (I think), but #2 for the Phoenix area.  The Mesa temple has been the only one for the local area.  The other two temples are in Snowflake and Thatcher, AZ.

My sister, Jolie, and our friend slash fellow runner and investigator, Greg, drove out from Cali to see this one!  It was a gorgeous day (again), but they live in Cali sooo... nothing new for them, really.
Come the fall time there will be temple #5 in Arizona, the Phoenix, AZ Temple!  It is a smaller temple like the Thatcher temple.  Yay.
Since my sister was in town, it was another doggy party.  I get stressed when there are children running around our house.  Ben gets stressed when there are dogs.  We're a mess.  Look how freaking cute...

-----

Randomly, Ben introduced me to the artist Gino Savarino, and we have been big fans over the years, so we bid on this beautiful piece below, and won.  We must be getting old because this was a serious highlight of our week.  It still smells like fresh paint and looks pretty much amazing.

-----

I started this post a long time ago and talked about how excited I was for the Olympics that were almost here.  Well they not only came but sadly they have already gone which means 2.5 years until the next ones!  I was glued to them as usual.  My favorite moments:

Sweeping the podium in the men's slopestyle skiing:


Winning gold in ice dancing:


18 year old Mikaela Shiffrin winning gold on women's slalom:


Watching Gracie Gold:


However the Wagner chick drove me nuts:


I LOVE Noelle Pikus-Pace on the skeleton:


Watching Kaitlyn win gold on the half pipe:


Watching US win gold on skiing half pipe both men's/women's:

Along with winning slopestyle, watching bobsledding, speed skating (though we sure fell apart), downhill (LIGETY!), etc. etc.  I was certain Shaun White would get a medal, but sadly it wasn't meant to be.  That was a sad moment in time.  But all in all, I love the Olympics.

That's all for now.  I hope you are having a wonderful almost spring time.  We have been 10-15 degrees above average here which has allowed for some time out enjoying the sun on our new lounge chairs.  Now if only the pool water would get warmer than 60 degrees...
Meanwhile if you have some spare time, my sister made this film a few years back while in film school, and it won a student Emmy.  It's pretty hilarious and called Latter Day Fake.  I recently re-discovered it.  The actors are awesome and some have been on the office if you recognize them ("Bishop Pope").

And my brother wrote a post and made a little video on SLC Marathon 2013...

While we're on a Youtube kick, my SLC Marathon 2012 video that I've posted an annoying amount of times...

K back to work, Kirk.

Phoenix in 5...

3 comments:

  1. So much goodness in one post, where do I even start?! First off, great job with the running I know what a commitment that can be, I ran a full marathon a year ago and I swear... I think I am still recovering haha And how cool you got to see the temple, it is looking beautiful :) Love that art work, oh and Olympics rock! haha I think I covered it all?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wagner chick drove me nuts, too!!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (11) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (38) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.