20 Weeks - 1/2 Way!!

My age:  29


How far along: 20w1d


How big is baby:  Last week he weighed 9 oz and was about 6" head to rump.  He's growing fast so probably 1/4" - 1/2" bigger by now.


What have you been up to:  The past couple of weeks I've noticeably "popped," to where people can tell I'm expecting.  Ben recently put together the crib and changing table and we've started working on painting B's room which is exciting!!  I'm still dealing with sickness in the mornings/nights but I am doing better.
[Also hanging out with a cute pup.]



Exercise/Activity Level:   Walking and Crossfit.  I am getting some energy back these days which is awesome.  I find some things at Crossfit a little more difficult to do (bend over to pick up the bar), but I can still do most movements.

Our gym has a Crossfit Life class that utilizes body weight instead of any Olympic lifting which is what I will probably focus on once I am uncomfortable with having weight overhead.


Maternity clothes:  I bought one more pair of shorts!  We've been in the 80s most of the month of April but we jumped up to our first triple digit on Saturday!  The heat will be here soon [and then MONSOONS].
I really need to find some new workout attire.  I was hoping to find maternity running shorts or fitness short types, but it looks like I'll probably end up in yoga capris which seems a little toasty for our summers.  I can't find maternity running shorts anywhere!  I recently bought a pair that are just up in size from my regular size, but they devour my legs.  :/


Stretch marks:  Not yet.


Belly Button:   In.


Sleep:   Not as good.  After chatting with my doc's office I am trying to adjust to not sleeping flat on my back which is tough.  One night we went up to CVS looking for Unisom which saved the night.


Best Moment of the Week:   Our anatomy scan last week where we got to see baby B in all sorts of detail.  He was opening and closing his lil mouth and even showed us all of his fingers so I think that's a sign he's going to be a pianist!  He is so cute.



Worst Moment of the Week:  It's been tough to outgrow my clothes even when I plan to.  I think a majority of the time I just feel cow-esqe already.  Buying maternity seems to help a lot.  Also I had a stressful (to me) chat with the nurse last week, but then the doctor made me feel a lot better.  I sure know how to worry.



Food cravings:  WATERMELON!!  And cheese.  And cream cheese.  These were also a dangerous[ly delicious] purchase...




Food aversions:   Still nothing super smelly, but getting better.


Symptoms:  I'm fluctuating but it sure beats being down 24/7!!  I've been getting headaches resulting in not being able to read as much.  My eyesight is SO BAD now!  haha  I struggled to read my music at church and the congregation was probably wondering what my deal was.  I can't wait to get in to my eye doctor so I can burn through my books...



Movement:  Yes!!  Yay!  Often, especially at night in bed.  It is so fun!  I first felt him around 18 weeks, but it took a week or so to really distinguish that those feelings were him.  Every day it gets more real.


Gender:  Still very much a boy.  :)


What I’m looking forward to:   Finishing the baby's room!  Also I am looking forward to meeting him of course.


What I’m nervous about/praying for:  The same stuff...everything.


What I miss:  Mostly just running.  I miss it so much!  I have been doing the [slow] sprints at Crossfit, but I miss distance running.  In the meantime, we have a treadmill fund started and I am motivated for some post baby PRs.


Next appointment:  5/14/14

5 comments:

  1. I love your pregnancy updates! I never found any maternity workout shorts either :/ I did the same thing as you and just bought a size up but I looked pretty dumb. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have workout shorts at my work Motherhood Maternity! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!! You will see the belly starts to grow fast now, I really enjoyed that. It made it more real that there is actually a little human in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah I am pretty sure they have some online at Motherhood Maternity. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing! I love that you are still rocking your high heels :D Love your outfits too!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.