3/5ths or 60% - Death by 10m (Spectating)

Happy Wednesday!  Another humpday comes and goes by, and I spent most of it in a sleepy daze.  I even disobeyed my personal weekend only Mtn. Dew rule, but it did nothing for me (baby sure was dancing).  I really only drank half of it.  And that took half a day to do.  Carbonation takes me forever to drink, but it's so delicious during that entire period.
When I first got pregnant I immediately quit drinking Monster.  I hadn't been to the doctor yet but it was kind of a no-brainer that I probably shouldn't consume an energy drink [even so delicious as such].  

I half jokingly wrote Monster asking if they had, or if they would consider making, a Monster soda...  Monster without all the energy stuff!  They actually responded.  And sent me stickers! :D
For the fitness streak, Ben and I made it to the earlier Crossfit Life class today because Wednesday nights are volleyball nights! For the life class we did two different workouts (instead of strength focus + workout):

Metcon (Time)
Christy: 4:37
Ben: 3:52

5 Rounds
8 KBS (Heavy)
10 Jumping Lunges
12 Grasshoppers

I scaled/modified:
-I used a 26# kettlebell which really isn't that heavy, but I tried the 35# and it hurt my rebellious ribs.  26 it is.   Ben used a 70# kettlebell.  <---holy crap
-(Lower impact) step back lunges instead of jumping ones.
-Oh grasshoppers, we meet again you dirty bas...ket of evil.

THEN:
Death By 10m 
(AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
Complete 1- 10m run the 1st minute, 
2- 10m runs the 2nd minute, 
3 the 3rd min and so on until you can no longer complete the required number in the time period… ex: in the 15th minute, complete 15-10m runs

Ben ended with 19+19 (barely short of starting the 20th round) and he took first in the gym!!

I didn't do it.  I did a 4x500m rowing instead.  Not near as fun, but rowing is so tough for me.  I went for the negative splits just like in running to keep it interesting.  I was a bit envious of the fun misery of the Death by 10m.  My splits:
2:26
Rest 1 minute
2:20
Rest 1 minute
2:15
Rest 1 minute
2:13


  • Today's time: 13:51
  • Total June air squats: 1250
  • Total June wod time: 2:43:36
  • CrossFit: 9
We also played volleyball for an hour!  It was alright fun.  Our team is pretty crappy and one guy wasn't too thrilled having a conservatively cautious prego chick on his team.  But whatever.  I'd be like, "I go," and he'd like rush me and hit it.  Jerk.

That's all for now.  It feels like it should be Friday tomorrow.
Have a great evening!

2 comments:

  1. What a dirtbag! Who bullies a prego lady? Next time take him out with your belly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making me feel better!! I know I'm probably a bit overly sensitive over my lack of agility these days.

      Delete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (33) Racing (56) Reviews (2) Running (174) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (60) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.