Burpees are better than grasshoppers at least.

Happy Monday!!  (Again!?  WTF?!)  I figured since I've got a busy end of the week, the pool read-a-thon Monday tradition will have to be postponed again, and I went to the gym instead.

I saw this on IG and chuckled.

Today we worked on our one rep max for back squats and I ended at 123# and know I could have gone up if I had some more time!  So I felt pretty good about it!  Ben rocked a 240# and looked solid as usual.  I love lifting by him so he can watch all of my sets and give me extra pointers.

Strength:  Back Squat (1 RM)
Warm UP:
BB X 8
30%X 5
40% X 5
50% X 3
60% X 3
70% X 3
80% X 3
85% X 2
90%X 1
1-1-1

CrossFit Games Open 12.1 (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
Christy:  9+1
Ben:  9+8 (rx)

7-Minute AMRAP of:
Burpees to a 6″ target*
 

Modified:
*I did modified burpees where you go down into a plank instead of hitting the ground.  
*To keep it low-impact, I also hit my hands to an overhead bar by going up on my toes instead of jumping to reach the taller bar 6" overhead.

7:00 minutes of burpees is no joke.  It's like the longest 7:00 minutes of life (actually racing a 5k is probably worse).  Plus baby's head is down and it is causing some pain and mobility issues and really makes me want to keep it low-impact (did somebody kick me in the crotch...).  

Overall I am feeling pretty good about today!  Hopefully your day was fab.

  • Today's time: 7:00
  • Total June air squats: 1600
  • Total June wod time: 3:16:54
  • CrossFit: 11

My brother went home today though, so boo.  He just graduated from BYU.  CONGRATS to him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (43) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (3) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (42) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (31) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.