Friday the 13th - Partner WOD

Happy Friday!  The fitness + blogging streak is still going strong, but any chance at creativity is long gone.  So I did one of these while Ben caught up on movie trailers...

Currents:
Book:  The Testament by John Grisham

Music:  Nothing right now.  I've been on a Mercy Me kick this week.  I do love me some Christian rock.

Guilty pleasure:  Mountain Dew (typically Monster you know)

Nail color:  None.  Usually pink shellac when I'm not lazy.  Pink's on my toes at least.

Drink:  Water

Food:  Ben made me an Einstein Asiago Cheese bagel sandwich with hot turkey, avocado, cheese and a fried egg.  YUM.  Now he's cutting a cold watermelon...

Favorite show:  The Office...  Oompa loompa doopity dawesome.

Wish list:  Treadmill - I think I have it re-narrowed down to the Nordictrack Incline Trainer and the Proform Pro 9000 that Costco carries (thanks Christine for the tip).



Need:  Probably some longer shirts soon.

Bane of my existence:  9am church

Celebrity crush:  David Beckham, Aaron Paul, Hugh Jackman (reminds me of Ben), Joseph Gordan-Levitt...allow me...


Indulgence:  Dark chocolate covered dried fruit

Blessing:  This cute baby boy in my tummy.  I love him!

Slang:  Freak

Outfit:  I love maternity jeans.  They are the best invention ever.

Excitement:  Meeting this little munchkin.  Also Father's Day weekend!

Mood:  Exhausted.  Also excited to sleep in tomorrow.

Link:  I have spent a lot of time on Pinterest looking at maternity (getting different maternity store ideas).  I need a dress for a wedding in over a month and I can't find one that I like that doesn't cost a million dollars.



And for the workout in my streak:
You Go We Go (Time)
Partner wod, so Ben and I were a team!
Christy:  15:38
Ben:  15:38

5 rounds of:
10 wall balls (I did 10#)
15 box jumps

-then-

5 rounds of:
10 GHD situps
15 kettle bell swings (I used 26#)

Scaled/substituted:
*I did box step ups [low impact]
*I did knee ups instead of the situps

How it worked out was I did wall balls while Ben did box jumps.  When we were both finished, we switched, etc.  Essentially if you are faster than your partner then you get a couple of seconds of a break.  I, however, partnered with fasty mcfasterson so I did not get much rest!!

  • Today's time: 15:38
  • Total June air squats: 950
  • Total June wod time: 2:09:20
  • CrossFit: 6

Rykar got a shot today :( so we both were just chillin' afterwards in the normal couch recovery position.
Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (7) B3 (48) Currently (5) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (53) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.