JD17 - Not a fan of grasshoppers.

I'm not actually talking about the bug, though they are a bit creepish themselves.

Palm Strike (Time)
Christy:  5:48
50-40-30-20-10
Double Unders
15-12-9-6-3
Chest to bar pull ups

Substituted:  
-There isn't a very good substitution for jump roping, so I got to do [lower impact] grasshoppers instead of double unders!  I am not a fan of grasshoppers.  They are similar to mountain climbers except you bring your leg up to your opposite arm so the shin touches your arm.  This is quite the [impossible] task with a belly, so I feel like I struggle through them but don't get as good of a workout.  Being horizontal makes me nauseated so they are extra tough to do straight through without having to stand up and let my stomach chill, so they are a blech-y movement.
-I did ring rows on the ground level instead of C2B pull ups.


For strength we worked on our deadlifts and worked on getting up to 7x2 @ 85% which for me was 133# today!  It felt pretty good.

Lastly there was an optional 1 mile max effort run following the workout and I was sad to not participate.

In other news, somebody posted this on the Facebook group I'm part of.  Anybody notice anything wrong with this pic?  lol
That's all for now.  Have a good night!
  • Today's time: 5:48
  • Total June air squats: 1250
  • Total June wod time: 2:29:45
  • CrossFit: 8

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.