Juneathon #16 - Back Squats

Oh heeey, me again.  I'm a blogging monkey these days.  I sure missed the blogosphere when I was sick, so I hope I'm not too ridiculously annoying clogging up your feeds with my Juneathon challenge.

Today was a pretty good day, no complaints.  I worked long and at one point the UPS man surprised me with an unexpected gift.  A sweet stroller for running!!!!  Thank you to my family!!!!  I can't wait until the day we can run with our lil human munchkin too.  :]
Then the Monday pool read-a-thon tradition fell flat.  It was breezy and overcast-y so I opted for the gym instead.
We worked on our back squats which I haven't done in forever because they rotate back squats on Mondays and I usually miss.  We worked up to 7x2 @ 85% and I ended up at 103#.  There was an obvious lack of agility with my belly this time around, so Frank had me stand on plates to compensate, which helped!  I still can't get super low, but I can get down well enough for now.
I really did a few extra so I could get a picture, and I struggled.  I posted mine first because Ben is just so flawless all the time.  Teach me.
The workout was an AMRAP 6:00 (as many reps as possible in 6 minutes)
Thrusters (I did 33#)
EMOM complete 6 burpees (every minute on the minute)
Your score = how many thrusters you complete.

*I do modified burpees which you hold the plank instead of go down on your stomach on the ground.

  • Today's time: 6:00
  • Total June air squats: 1250
  • Total June wod time: 2:23:57
  • CrossFit: 7
I ended with 44 and Ben finished with 50 at rx.
That was fun.  I wonder what is in store for tomorrow.  Deadlifts...

2 comments:

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (7) B3 (48) Currently (5) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (53) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.