Juneathon Day 4 - National Running Day!

Today is National Running Day!!  Happy running, I hope you were/are able!


I mentioned many-a-time that my doctor is uncomfortable with me continuing my runs at this stage (I'm 24 weeks) based on the constant bouncing motion that the baby is quite able to feel; and honestly with my growing belly and such, running is extra bouncy and pretty awkward.  Since I have chosen to listen to her (she mentioned many runners/fitness folk do NOT... what!?  lol  no way...), today was filled with wishful running, reminiscing, and other fun ways of getting my workout in.  But that's okay!
Today I went to CrossFit Life instead of the regular class.  The life class is more body weight/endurance focused.  The two classes had the same workout today, but the first half of the life class we did a core workout versus snatches in the regular class.

Thor's Core
3 rounds of:
:30 seconds hollow body rock*
:30 seconds v-ups*
:30 seconds grasshoppers
:30 seconds plank

Scaled:
*To avoid laying flat on my back, I did knee to elbow (attempts, rather) and L-hold  <---tough


Warrior Heart (otherwise known as pure murder)
Christy:  17:48
Ben:  19:32 (rx)

3 rounds of:
30 knees to elbows
30 kettle bell swings (I used 26#)
30 wall balls (I used 10#)
It's fun to have pictures that look like I know what I'm doing.  Don't be fooled.  :P

One of the things I have been enjoying about Crossfit is the atmosphere and how everybody cheers you on.  Tonight Ben really helped one guy get through his last round and afterwards the guy sincerely said, "thanks Ben, you're a great friend."  I know the gym can be intimidating at first, especially when you have toothpick arms like yours truly and don't stand a chance with heavy weight, but it has been a great experience during this pregnancy and there are all shapes, sizes, athletic abilities and lack thereof at Crossfit.  Now I'm going to try to get my family converted.  It will definitely help us in our running injuries.

I can't believe I'm preaching Crossfit.  I used to tell Ben he was kind of obsessed...
  • Today's time: 17:48
  • Total June air squats: 200
  • Total June time spent: 35:38
  • CrossFit: 2
Gnight world.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that your doctor told you not to run. Is he/she ok with you doing crossfit? Mine was more concerned about weights and reaching up. I think every doctor has his/her own theory. Hey as long as you feel good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think you're right. One of my coaches is 28 weeks and she does everything but the situps! My only restriction right now is nothing high impact (running, jumping, bouncing), avoid laying on my back and I should be able to keep a conversation.

      Delete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (38) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.