24 Weeks - I feel like I'm marathon training!

My age:  29


How far along: 24w




How big is baby:  He is almost a foot long and 1-1/3 lbs.  He is starting to become more proportional and soon will start to get chubby.  According to the baby emails I receive, 24 weeks is the "youngest age" where the baby can survive out of the womb with extreme medical care.  That is amazing!


What have you been up to:  Same stuff, different days!  I have been spending some time in the pool with a book as the temperatures have hit 100 degrees and more.  My belly is growing so fast these days and any tankinis I own are no longer tankinis after about 2 minutes.  I can't believe I'm already 24 weeks!!

My family makes my heart happy:
That 116 degrees previously forecast, went away.  No triple doubles YET.



Exercise/Activity Level:  Crossfit!  I have been going about 3x a week and it helps me feel accomplished.  It has been my saving grace this pregnancy and I'm really enjoying doing it with Ben.



Maternity clothes:   I bought a pair of jean pants that I can wear heels with, and recently a pair of super cute jean shorts suckered me in on Zulily <---there is a reason I try not to subscribe to these evil sites.  Maternity pants are so comfortable!!  I also bought a summer dress, but it's not maternity.  I've been buying empire waisted attire so that I can wear it all summers to come.  I may even secretly wear my maternity jeans in summers to come.


Stretch marks:  Not yet


Belly Button:  In but stretching...


Sleep:  Still usually pretty good with some Unisom.  Without it I can't get much sleep at all but my doctor said I'm okay to take it as needed.  I sleep surrounded in pillows and lately I haven't even used the sheet.  :P  (We only sleep with a sheet in the summatime.)



Best Moment of the Week:  Memorial Day weekend was wonderful seeing the family and my brother!!  We also had a fun date night on Memorial Day which we haven't done a lot of since I got pregnant/sick.
Ben finished my desk and got my office all ready for me to work in and add character to.  I'm really excited!!



Worst Moment of the Week:  My poor ribs.  They have given a new dimension to the pain associated with throwing up and make some things at the gym painful (kettle bell swings).


Food cravings:  The watermelon craving has slowed a little and I haven't really experienced many cravings other than fruit and the occasional chocolate.  I have been eating gobs of blueberries.  Thank you Costco.


Food aversions:   I don't really have them unless I'm feeling nauseated.  If I'm feeling good then I can have most things.  We might even try chicken for dinner soon.


Symptoms:  I'm dealing with just morning sickness these days, and occasionally evening.  My skin is a massive grease factory (is this the pregnancy-glow everyone talks about), but really I am able to enjoy pregnancy at this stage!  Also, when I'm feeling good my appetite is out of control and I feel like I'm in the middle of training for a marathon!

Interesting factoid:  Low weight gain during pregnancy can lead to pre-term labor.


Movement:   All the time!  Even enough for a visual.


Gender:  Baby boy!


What I’m looking forward to:  We're both getting pretty excited to meet him as the day gets closer!!


What I’m nervous about/praying for:  I worry about everything.  Seriously it's one thing I hope B doesn't inherit from his mama, the Hales worry gene.


What I miss:   I can tell my eyelashes have cycled through since I stopped using my Lilash, and they are pitifully short.  Not that eyelashes are that important, but I find I spend more time getting ready these days, which helps make me feel better about my changing shape (when I'm more put together).

I have recently started using the 3d Fiber Lashes which really helps for the time being.  But absolutely, it's a small sacrifice for sweet lil baby B...a possible triple B.

3d versus regular:
And the post if you want to see regular lashes versus Lilash.



Next appointment:  6/11/14

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're still able to do crossfit! That is pretty hard core!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love feeling your baby boy move around? Zoe was a VERY calm baby and I barely felt her. I got one, maybe two kicks during the pregnancy. I only felt her a little in the morning and a little in the evening, and this was more a wiggle than a kick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling a little bit better. I will warn you though, if you end up nursing, you will eat even more. The hunger I felt then was like nothing I've ever experienced. I could barely keep up!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (43) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (4) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (42) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (32) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.