32 Weeks - Energy is waning!

My age:  29


How far along:  32 weeks, I can't believe it.
Yesterday's traveling attire wherein I froze on the plane.^^  I usually wear pants and compression socks.


How big is baby:   3-3/4# and 16.7" long.  Baby is gaining 1/3rd to 1/2 his weight in the next 7 weeks!



What have you been up to:   I've been working lots of overtime (new RC Willey in Orem this time), but it hasn't been bad except for the days have flown by and nothing else has gotten done.  I am starting to feel a little worn out by it, but I'm still planning on keeping it up for the time being.  Lots to get done.

We recently spent a few days up in northern Utah to watch my sister tie the knot and for a baby/bridal shower.  We are thrilled for my sister and Spencer!  I am cleared to drive to Cali for the upcoming Cali reception, but after this past weekend I am not sure I am going to be able to handle long car rides and another jam packed weekend on my feet, especially after working more OT.  My energy and comfort-ability are waning.

Look how cute!


Summer randomly arrived full force and we hit a triple double+ a couple of times.  We also got our biggest haboob/monsoon storm while out of town (boo) but one haboob did ground my brother's flight up to Utah and he arrived at 6am wedding morning instead of 11pm the night before.  Close call.



Exercise/Activity Level:   I'm still going to CrossFit but I'm also taking it really easy and drinking a lot of water [in my awesome new hydro flask!].  My contractions have slowed since I took it down a bunch of notches, so goal accomplished and my doctor just cleared me to continue as I'm doing.



Maternity clothes:   I bought another pair of cute patterned yoga capris!  I have also taken over Ben's t-shirts and really need to consider maternity undies...like three months ago.  :P



Stretch marks:   Not yet.



Belly Button:   Stretched.



Best Moment of the Week:   I had my 31 week appointment last week and all went well and baby is measuring perfectly and has a strong heart beat!  I also passed my 3-hour glucose test so praise the heavens.

The wedding trip to Utah and the shower were also big highlights (THANK YOU all for coming)!  It all went so quickly as it always does.




Worst Moment of the Week:   Que the obvious... the 3-hour glucose test.  It was kind of a miserable experience.  The drink was double the glucose as the 1-hour test, and if I threw it up the test would become invalid, so the first two hours I just sat there and didn't move since my stomach was saying no.  They draw blood 4x, one tube each time instead of four, and you leave with some nice bruises if you're lucky.

I got the fruit punch this time (the orange one just ruined my love for Sunkist) and it wasn't too terrible.



Food cravings:  Fruit and grilled chicken with lime squeezed on it.  I have been eating lots of peaches, nectarines and plums from Costco and they just recalled those exact items for chance of listeria.  Lovely.



Food aversions:   None when not nauseated.



Symptoms:   Recently I am wondering if I am having some sciatic pain issues with some shooting pains, even numbness, that I'll probably call my doctor about this week.  It's another thing I had never heard about pregnancy until it showed up!  There seem to be lots of those.

Also the regular pelvic pain.  The last two weeks I have noticed a big change in agility/whale-ness and exhaustion from simple activities like climbing stairs.
Things are starting to get a little puffy (like when I take off my shoes) especially after being vertical.  I'm still wearing my rings though.  It all sounds like a lot of symptoms, but really I'm doing pretty well most of the time.




Movement:  Yes, still a lot of movement, especially when I drink cold things or sugary stuff (or a giant bottle of fruit punch glucose)!  The hiccups are pretty funny to watch and they are soooo low I wonder if baby is head down.  If not, he had better start thinking about heading that direction!


Gender:   Boy!


What I’m looking forward to:   Getting more work done in the nursery and getting to the point where I feel like we're ready if he were to come.  I'm also excited to celebrate Ben's birthday this week!!



What I’m nervous about/praying for:   The typical everything!  Starting to worry about labor and delivery a little bit, especially after watching that YouTube video where the husband has a GoPro on his head while speeding to the hospital with his wife in labor in the passenger seat just screaming.  They made it to the hospital just in time for her to stand up out of the car and have the baby delivered right THERE next to the car by the husband.  Ben decided he didn't want to watch it.  hahaha  You can watch it here if you haven't seen it.


What I miss:   Energy and being able to do my shoes up by myself.  Thank you Ben.  :D


Next appointment:   8/13 regular check up, 8/27 regular appointment +my final ultra sound, then weekly appointments start I believe!

7 comments:

  1. So glad you passed the test! You look sooo good!! Pregnancy glow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! So glad you don't have diabetes and that you didn't throw up. I'm so happy for your sister as well! Her dress looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that video- CRAZY! That was almost me last time. I had Jamen 30 minutes after we got there. I'd never gone into labor by myself and didn't want it to be false labor, so I waited too long! But he was my third baby, so I should have known he'd be quicker. Luckily it all worked out, but it was quite the uproar at the hospital at 3 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chicken and lime sounds really good! We also have cute undies at Motherhood maternity. Really good price ones as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you passed! I'm doing the first test in about two weeks and am worried, but I actually like the orange stuff (they made me take it at the first appointment due to risk factors, I believe).

    You look great, by the way. I am waaayyy off from that point (like 9/10 weeks behind you) so I love getting a preview of things to come for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turtle picture is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How are you still working?!?! I could barely shower when I was third trimester!!!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (12) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (40) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (28) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.