34 Weeks - Drink lots of H2O!

My age:  29


How far along:  34 weeks

It was dark and we were in a hurry with these ones.  Why fix the tone when it makes me look ridiculously tan (to slight oompa loompa-ish)?






How big is baby:   4-3/4# and the size of a cantaloupe!  We had a cantaloupe the other day and that is so big.  Baby is getting chubby by the moment and his lungs are maturing.  Babies born between 34-37 weeks are pre-mature but often have no extra health problems in the long haul.  I love when I read facts like that although we have no plans to see B early.





What have you been up to:   I'm still working a lot and time is flying.  We're feeling a bit of pressure with getting stuff prepped and ready and recently made a HUGE to do/buy list.  Things are pretty much the same except I'm getting bigger a lot quicker!  I'm not sure what happened, but I went from a 2 on the uncomfortable scale to an 8 literally overnight.  Maybe baby re-positioned, or maybe this is just the new me.



People always ask how I'm dealing with the summer heat, but honestly it hasn't bothered me except for when we were up in Utah for my sister's wedding I got really hot on their wedding day.  It was 95 and sunny, but still that's no 105-115...so who knows what my deal was.  It could possibly be all the rushing and walking and constantly moving around.  Little tasks do take a lot more energy than they did before.

Ben's boss put together a baby shower for us on a Friday where the pricing team all went in and bought us some awesome gifts and we had lunch together!  People are way too generous and kind.

Um giant-est Paradise Bakery cookie.  So freaking good.


Saturday we went to an all day Intensive Birthing Basics class at the hospital we will be delivering at.  It was really informative and great!  During the class the instructor put up a picture of a girl in heels and talked about how heels are a no-no during pregnancy because you could fall.  I was the only one in the entire room in heels that I could see.  lol  Then the instructor (who was really cool) said Ben and I would be "cool" parents.  haha I'm not sure what she means by that, but she was a fun instructor.

(Ben's Monster, I just smelled the goodness. ^^ Really I'm not a pregnant risk-taker!)



Exercise/Activity Level:   I'm still doing CrossFit but it's modified and really scaled down now to keep my heart rate low to avoid anymore activity induced contractions.  And I drink a lot of water.

These comics make me laugh.


Interesting fact!! The #1 cause for pre-term labor?  Dehydration.  At this point in pregnancy you should be using the bathroom every 45 minutes to an hour!  We learned this in our birthing class.  Water consumption is SO IMPORTANT.

I just started using a free app called "Water Your Body" that reminds me to drink water.  I have it set to alarm every 30 minutes and I have a goal water amount to drink daily.  The alarm is just the sound of somebody filling up a cup with water.  It has helped so far, especially living in the hot desert.




Maternity clothes:   I feel like I'm on outfit repeat these days but we're getting close to the end so I find it harder to buy more.  I'll probably need another shirt or so.  My workout attire are starting to become belly shirts, but oh well.  Going for that sexy look.



Stretch marks:   None yet.  I think the home stretch will be the ultimate test of belly stretching.



Belly Button:   Still mostly flat and weird looking.



Sleep:  This question actually disappeared for the past couple of months and I just now realized it.  :P  So yeah, I am sleeping okay, but if I don't take 1/2 of a Unisom then my neck problems reappear and I have a hard time falling back to sleep after a potty run.  I'm always ready for bed by the end of the night though.  Or by like 2pm.  :]



Best Moment of the Week:   We had fun celebrating Ben's birthday!  We had a bunch of stuff come in the mail these past weeks so it's been like Christmas everyday.  Also the shower at Ben's work was really nice, plus that entire weekend was just overall great together plus hangin' with my bro.


And my dog.  He creates a million best moments of every week.  He cracks me up.





Worst Moment of the Week:   I've been tired and am feeling a bit large these days.  I joke that the three hardest things I do everyday are:
3-put on my shoes,  
2-put on my socks (emphasis on compression)
1-get out of bed.  
This past weekend my Braxton Hicks intensified and some weirdness was going on which had us a little more concerned, but things have seemed to chill out and I go in to see my doc this week.

Ben is great.  I have a hard time doing up my shoes now, so he always helps!  Pregnancy is definitely a team thing.  (Changing out of my organ shoes into some of the most non-pregnant friendly shoes that buckle and tie...)


We also missed my sister's Cali wedding reception...boo.  I didn't have it in me to drive after a previous weekend up in Utah for her wedding, and having little down time lately.  It looked like an amazing reception!






Food cravings:  I haven't had many cravings this whole pregnancy.  I still eat lots of chicken and also fruit and escaped harm from the Costco recall last month.



Food aversions:  Just most food while nauseated.  Same deal.



Symptoms:   I keep forgetting to mention, but my hair has nearly stopped growing!!  It's great for shaving since that is a bit more difficult these days.  I have heard of the opposite happening during pregnancy, but not really having little growth, and typically my hair grows expensively fast.

I'm feeling more squished inside and can tell baby is starting to run out of room thus I have bulges at random locations (which are kind of fun to see).  I really haven't had much back pain for a couple of months so I forgot about how annoying it can be.  The nausea seems to have kicked it up a notch which is one thing I'm really looking forward to losing post baby.




Movement:   All of the time.  Sometimes he likes to dance or hiccup at 4am and I just smile.



Gender:   Boy!



What I’m looking forward to:   Feeling a little more prepared.  I'm looking forward to work slowing down so I can find the time to prepare, wash and clean, etc.

I have a local shower towards the end of the month which will be fun.  As we get closer to our due date, I can't even comprehend how it will feel to hold him for the first time.  We are getting really excited and incredibly nervous with this new role of parenthood.  As ready as Ben and I both are to have this lil guy join us, I don't feel ready at all!



What I’m nervous about/praying for:   That birth won't go according to plan.  Plan=get to hospital in time, give me epidural.  We've done a test run to the ER /hospital entrance we need to go to.  We are clearly first timers.  :D



What I miss:   Controlling my bladder when I sneeze or work out.  Now I know what my friends were talking about.




Next appointment:   8/13 regular check up, 8/27 regular appointment +my final ultra sound, then weekly appointments start I believe, and I'll probably go to weekly blog posts because these ones are getting long!

5 comments:

  1. I love reading those weekly updates and it makes me think back about my pregnancy. It feels like it was forever ago. I had the same worries about not making it to the hospital (we have a 20 min car ride) and everybody ensured me that with the first one it will take forever. Oh well, mine was quite fast and no epidural, and you know what, I'm so glad all went the way it did.
    When you mentioned the 3 hardest things, I had to laugh so hard! It is soo true!! I need to sit down on stairs to hopefully get my shoes on :) Oh and the rolling out of bed (literally) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that things are moving along great! I love how you are still able to wear your heels! Paradise Bakery cookies are the best! We used to have one close to my work in the mall and then it went away. We crave those darn cookies all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for another week! I can't wait to be at that point, because I'm kind of at the phase that I'm just *starting* to get stuff ready and wind down, but no, not really. Totally hear you on the outfit repeat thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these posts! It's fun to hear how you're doing. Yes, the sneezing thing. It's so annoying and it started like the second I found out I was pregnant this time!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (1) B3 (44) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (47) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.