Graveyard Shift

Raise your hand if you're cute...

^^He just passed his birth weight!


It's closing in on 5 in the morning and I'm sitting here, typing with one hand, holding my sweet lil Bentley who has been dealing with some colic since he turned 2 weeks.  We are also listening to this at super loud volume:



I had feared breastfeeding woes (it has gone smoothly!), delivery disasters, screwy sleeping schedules we couldn't fix, but I never really thought about colic.  It is the saddest thing ever, and it keeps me from sleeping at all some nights, but I am getting better at soothing my sweet boy, thank goodness.  Sometimes it lasts all night, sometimes it subsides by 3, but it usually hits about 6pm.  And that's daddy/son time so mommy can nap.  :)  Luckily Ben is really good at calming our boy.


I have been able to work at night which keeps me from that miserable fight to stay awake, and I get to hold my cute baby too.  Lemons into delicious lemonade.  Love my family!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Even though I'm super tired right now, I think maybe the baby can hang out in there some more... Eat some yummy desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing mom! That's got to be rough. I'm glad you're mom is going to be able to help you guys again too! (sorry I'm such a creep and comment on everything!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your positive attitude, I can only imagine how hard that must be. Huge thanks to awesome husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colic is really difficult. There are some things that can help but sometimes they just cry. I hope you can get some sleep in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.