My first run in forever.

Happy Halloween Eve!

We are not dressing up this year, like scrooges.  Really Halloween snuck up on us this year which I think is understandable given our lil 6 week old pumpkin.  He has two costumes this year and I can't wait to put them on him!  We already test drove them and he is terribly cute.

Speaking of Scrooge  (ha JK!!), I'm begging Ben for us to put up our Christmas tree in the next week or two.  It makes Thanksgiving SO MUCH MORE FESTIVE.  I promise.  And 3am feedings would be so much more lovely under the twinkle of the tree.  I think I can get Ben on board with my festive idea.  I did last year.  :]

Anyways yesterday was my 6 week post partum check up and I was cleared to workout!  I'm supposed to take it a little ab easy for the sake of my incision that's still swollen, but that's okay.  I came home and gave our fancy treadmill (strategically placed RIGHT in the family room) a try.  It was so much fun.


I did a really easy workout for starters:  2:00 run/ 1:00 walk x 6 times.  I am really out of shape YES, but I want to break my injury prone legs into this s-l-o-w-l-y.  I mentioned we are running the Great Wall of China Marathon next year and I am determined to be wise between now and then so I don't have to spend Ben's Porsche fund on physical therapy.

I was expecting to initially feel quite a bit off in comparison to pre-pregnancy running, but it really wasn't too different.


My fun view (below) while I ran... Rykar on the left, B3 swinging on the right.  :]  Both happy and content.  I think Bentley likes the hum of the treadmill.


Today was going to be my first day back at the gym but the workout is death by shuttle runs and death by wall balls which sounds like a great not first time back at the gym workout, or a great way to be unhealthily sore this weekend.  Perhaps I will go easy, or perhaps I will take a glorious nap instead and hang with my sweet family.  Bentley is already growing up too fast.

Have a happy Halloween!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't know you were running that race! Can't wait to read about it... eventually! I'm pretty anxious to start running again, especially with it finally cooling down in this neck of the woods. I am TERRIBLY out of shape. Gotta get this baby out first, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo, somehow I missed you run the wall of China marathon! That's awesome and perfect motivation to get back into running! How does B like the swing? Zoe loves it and still hangs out there every day!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (8) B3 (49) Currently (5) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (53) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.