Raisins are not dessert.

I started a diet a couple of weeks ago to kick off the holiday season and also to help retrieve my abs sooner than later.  I realize that I recently had a baby, but as long as my milk supply doesn't falter then I might as well.  Being patient is not my forte.

I like to look at the day's food plan and find something dessert like that excites me to look forward to for the day.  I'm a Hales, and us Hales's have an insatiable sweet tooth.  Back in college one of my boyfriends even made an analogy, like my dad "eating a stack of cookies," which my dad sometimes did all at once.  Regardless the meal plan yesterday had raisins.  RAISINS.  How disappointing.  Raisins are not dessert.  RAISINS ARE NEVER DESSERT.

^^That is dessert.

Ben brought home a Santa cookie for me to consume when I throw the dieting out the window for the holiday break, but whatever, we both ate it after dinner.  lol  Then I took a 3 hour nap!  The day was full of many Christmas miracles.

But to my credit, it's been kind of a rough week functioning let alone making meals.  B did almost a three hour stretch in his crib last night, which is a record by almost two hours since we stopped the swaddling last month.  It's hard to stay motivated when you're behind 300 hours of sleep (no lie, I did the math ha).  My diet accounts for no Mountain Dew which is where this enters the program:
Minty, caffeinated gum that I bought on Amazon.  Genius.  I only chew one a day but it goes a long way for me since my caffeine consumption has always been fairly low.

It's a good thing baby boy is so incredibly adorable.  GOSH I LOVE HIM.

He is a great night time sleeper, just not in his crib.  I wish there was a magic trick to teach him that his lonely, hard crib mattress is his favorite.  :)


On a completely separate note, today marks 5 years since Ben proposed to me so I have to do a shout out.  I LOVE YOU BEN!!!  You can read about it here if you care to.  I still haven't made the old blog private.


Have a nice weekend.  Only 6 days until Christmas!!!  This is the best week of the entire year.  Soak it up!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Actually tomorrow marks 3 yrs since our engagement! I guess this is that time of year!

    I started working out again, very slightly but I am also on the ab train (the c section is going to slow things though). Once I get more sleep, I'm sure the eating will fall into place, right?!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (33) Racing (56) Reviews (2) Running (174) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (60) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.