Three Months!

Bentley is three months old!  He now weighs 12 lbs 12 oz (35th percentile still) and he's 22.5 inches long!


He's been wearing 0-3 month clothing, size 1 diapers, and we just packed the newborn stuff away this weekend.  *sniff sniff*  He's more than doubled his birth weight (but hey, he's still wearing the socks he came home from the hospital in below.  Holding on to that last memory of newborn-ness).


He has started to laugh and grin.  Lately when he has been eating I have had to stop making eye contact because he will just grin at me and he won't eat!!  He thinks it's so funny and it's freaking cute.  I always try to get it on camera but my bejewled phone case becomes so distracting.


We've ventured out more and it gives me a feeling or normalcy.  He spends so much time gnawing/slobbering on his hands that I don't like people to touch them.  Luckily most people are aware of the unwritten meet-a-baby rules.


We stopped swaddling him with his arms in because he has started to roll over in his crib and I want him to be able to push himself up once he's on his stomach (um hello, to breathe!).  I loved LOVED wrapping him up like a little burrito and am sad those days are behind us so soon, but he is slowly adjusting to having his arms available to flap around at night (read: slowly).  His startle reflex is close to gone but his arms still wake him up and then he realizes, oh, I'M HUNGRY.


We are still getting up every 1.5-3 hours at night and he really just isn't a fan of the crib at all.  


We put him on acid reflux meds which made a big difference and he has stopped screaming while he eats, thank heavens.  Poor guy.

He focusses in on objects and we've found he enjoys watching a movie or looking at our cell phones with us.


He is able to grab at rattles and hold them and he has such determination when it comes to his hands.


He can hang out in the Bumbo now.  Sometimes I refer to him as bobble head joe.


Cutest co worker I've ever had:

^^Eminem B

^^I think it's safe to say he's my kid. 8)

He's still pretty easy going and happy.  He fusses for the usual things and does the really sad lip thing that gets me every time.  He is learning how to get our attention and will cry for us to get him and then immediately starts smiling as we pick him up.  What a little chucklehead.


We love him if you cannot tell!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome weight gain, you go Bentley! What a cutie pie! Now you just need to let your momma sleep a little more, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! Love all the pictures!! He is getting some chunk on him

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Great to see a preview of these milestones with my boy two months behind.

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (33) Racing (56) Reviews (2) Running (174) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (60) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.