Shamrock 4-Mile Race

My youngest brother moved here over the weekend so we all decided to run a 4 Peaks race, the Shamrock 4-miler!  4 Peaks Racing puts on fun, organized, lower costing events, and we love to run them whenever we get the chance.

The course was around the canal in Old Town Scottsdale.  It was an evening race (5:30pm) so it was about 85 degrees at the start, but I feel like the canal made it a little bit cooler.  At least mentally...?


It was perfect spectating weather!!


Since it was a bit warmer out, I relaxed my time goal a little bit:
1-sub 36:00 official time
2-run negative splits
3-place in my age group

Running negative splits is the only way to keep from killing myself off at the beginning.


James came in 1st/14 in his age group, and 9th overall which was also 9th/97 for gender.  He ran an official 27:44 (6:56 average pace).


Dallin came in 2nd/14 in his age group (behind James) and 17th overall which was also 17th/97 for gender.  He ran an official 29:38 (7:24 average pace).


A bonus that comes with being the last sibling finisher is that I get extra pictures/videos.  I love this one below.

I hit all of my goals!  Get this, though.  My official time was 35:59.9.  HA.  I booked it at the end because I knew it was going to be close since it was just a hair longer than 4 miles for me.


I spy Ben and B3...


2nd/45 in age group, 15th/152 gender, and 53rd overall.


Splits:  9:07, 9:02, 8:55, 8:37

^^Average cadence 181 :D

Running short distances has me aching to get some speed this fall.  After China, I have to decide if it'll be a fall/winter marathon or short, speedy races.  Such different choices, but both appealing in ways.  If only I had superman legs and could do both without getting injured!  Right!?

Have a nice humpday!  Only two days until Friday!  Yay.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Smokes!! You killed it!!! Remember 6 months ago when B was born and you told me you can't wait to get back running and then you felt so slow? That was less than 6 months ago and look at you now! You killed it!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.