Great Wall Training Weeks 10 & 11

We're into the double digits on number of weeks in training which means double digit running.  Week 10 was pretty epic.  Being back on the track is awesome, I felt awesome on the 10-miler, plus the weather was stormy.  I have missed longer runs!!  THEY ARE MY FAVORITE.


Long run recovery.



I did five with little man.  He's cute!!  Soon it will be too hot to bring him along.  We hit our first triple digit temps on May 1st!  Roasty toasty.


After 4 miles (still holding on to his toy).


After track practice this past week, I woke up with that little knee niggle I had noticed a few weeks back.  I decided to stretch/roll/smash it out on Saturday instead of running 6.  Hopefully I can resolve it asap!  I think it's due to my longer run increase + some speed work, because other than that adjustment for my legs, my mileage is low.

Nothing keeps a runner up at night like the mind wandering down the path of injury.  I'm the injury mind wandering master.


Chicks dig chubby dudes.


My dog.  Every time I foam roll.


This upcoming week will be another easy one.  This China trip has been in the works for like three years, and it's staring us in the face.  I can't believe we're already into the month of May, 2015!

That's all for now.  Have a wonderful week!


8 comments:

  1. Lol, the pictures of the little guy awake and then passed out are so awesome! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so not ready for triple digit temps! You're doing a half marathon at the Great Wall?! Wow! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome that you are doing a half marathon at the Great Wall! That's going to be such an amazing experience! I love the pic of you and your little guy! He's adorable! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome that you are doing a half marathon at the Great Wall! That'll be an amazing experience! I love the pic of you and your little man. He's adorable! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome that you are doing a half marathon at the Great Wall! That'll be an amazing experience! I love the pic of you and your little man. He's adorable! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! Adorable pics of your training partner in his stroller :) Tough job to be a baby, right? :) Jennifer @ Run Jenny Run

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your little guy is so cute! AND I CAN'T BELIEVE you will be running a race on the Great Wall! That is the coolest ever!!!! What a neat experience. I imagine it will be a tough run, but I wish you all the best! Your little dog is darling too!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (33) Racing (56) Reviews (2) Running (174) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (60) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.