Juneathon: 30 Day Challenge + Running Streak

It's June, which means it's time to fill up your feed with my running/blogging streak, Juneathon.  Woot woot.  

This year will be tough considering I am a new mom with less spare time and energy (!), but I can't ruin it four years in (plus I now own a treadmill so running out of daylight is no longer an obstacle), so I'll try my best.

Run, blog, log everyday.


On top of a running streak I have decided to add in a couple of 30 day challenges:  squats/lunges, planks, and push-ups, all at the same freaking time.  They are challenging but not enough to cause any mental/physical burnout I hope, so the goal is they should all work together.

You can do these with or without weight.  I will probably do most at 50# while breaking them into 5 sets of 10 if needed.


Descriptions of the less familiar movements:
Plié squats - Stand with your feet more than shoulder width apart, toes pointed out, slowly bend your knees to parallel while keeping your knees over your toes.

1-legged squat - Keep your weight on your heel as you bend the knee, pushing your hips backwards as if you're going to sit.

Curtsy lunge - Take a large step backwards and diagonally as if you're bending into a curtsy while keeping your shoulders and hips squared/aligned and pushing down through your heel.



My mom is in town so today I didn't feel like doing anything more fitness related than walking around the mall.


My mom joined Dallin, Ben and I in the challenges above, and I started out the running streak with a one miler on the treadmill [in my clothes (and a wig from my mother-in-law)].  I was too lazy to change my clothes which is kind of ironic.  I would explain the wig but I'm tired.


  • Total June mileage:  1 treadmill

Happy June!  Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. I want to hear the wig explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the challenges! Love the night pic of the palms. Jennifer @ Run Jenny Run

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (1) B3 (43) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (45) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.