National Running Day! #day3

Happy National Running Day!  I have been going on real runs on T-Th-F/Sa (not that a 1-miler is fake or anything), but wanted to get in a real run today so I did a 5 mile loop.

And Ben took my picture.  He is having surgery and then he'll be rejoining my running ventures.  YAY!

Hello.

I have been running to my heart rate for a little while which has me running quite slow, especially in this June heat.  I have had times where I'm so hot that running at what feels like a speed walking pace still elevates my heart rate more than I want it to!  Hashtag Arizona problems.

The method is "running slower to get faster," something I will talk about in a future post, but really is effective!

Goodbye.





  • Today's mileage: 5
  • Total June mileage: 1 treadmill + 6.86 = 7.86
  • Hottest temp run in: 102 (yesterday, today was only 100)

3 comments:

  1. I tried that one summer- I ran at a very slow pace to keep my heart rate low (I'm slow to begin with, so this pace was a shuffle!) and it really helped my endurance. It was a couple of years ago, so I don't really remember the science behind it, but it definitely made running a little easier and more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it a couple of years ago and it did make a difference for me too. I hope I can stick it out long enough to see the benefit.

      Delete
  2. 102 degrees..holy moly! Looking forward to your run slower to run faster post. Jennifer @ Run Jenny Run

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (38) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.