It's interesting to check out celebrity race times and see where you stack up. Extra motivation maybe? Some of them are surprising to me, like George Bush in the full, and Drew Carey and Hugh Jackman in the 1/2. I mean, HUGH JACKMAN. He's pretty athletic and hot, I guess I assumed he'd be faster.
- Apolo Ohno - 3:25:12 @ 2011 NYC Marathon (7:50 pace)
- George Bush - 3:44:52 @ 1993 Houston Marathon (8:35 pace)
- Ryan Reynolds - 3:50:22 @ 2008 NYC Marathon (8:48 pace)
- Will Ferrell - 3:56:12 @ 2003 Boston Marathon (9:01 pace)
- Sarah Palin - 3:59:36 @ Humpy's Marathon (9:09 pace)
- Paul Ryan - 4:01 - Grandma's Marathon (9:12 pace)
- Sean Astin - 4:04 @ 1998 LA Marathon (9:18 pace)
- Sean P. Diddy Combs - 4:14:54 @ 2003 NYC Marathon (9:44 pace)
- Mario Lopez - 4:23:30 @ 2011 NYC Marathon (10:02 pace)
- Gordon Ramsay - 4:26:21 @ 2012 London Marathon (10:09 pace)
- Alanis Morrissette - 4:28:45 @ 2009 NYC Marathon (10:16 pace)
- Oprah Winfrey - 4:29:15 @ 1994 Marine Corps Marathon (10:17 pace)
- Bill Rancic (you know, Giuliana's hubby) - 4:31:31 @ 2001 Chicago Marathon (10:19 pace)
- Shia LaBeouf - 4:35:31 @ 2010 LA Marathon (10:30 pace)
- Drew Carey - 4:37:11 @ 2011 Marine Corps Marathon (10:34 pace)
- Al Gore - 4:54:25 @ 1997 Marine Corps Marathon (11:14 pace)
- Kate Gosslin - 4:59:21 @ 2008 Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll (11:26 pace)
- Teri Hatcher - 5:06:42 @ 2014 NYC Marathon (11:40 pace)
- Katie Holmes - 5:29:58 @ 2007 NYC Marathon (12:36 pace)
- Pamela Anderson - 5:41:03 @ 2013 NYC Marathon (13:01 pace)
- Al Roker - 7:09:44 @ 2010 NYC Marathon (16:25 pace)
The HALF Marathon:
- Sarah Palin - 1:46:10 @ 2011 Storm Lake 1/2 Marathon (8:06 pace)
- Apolo Ohno - 1:40:59 @ 2011 Chicago 1/2 Marathon (7:43 pace)
- Drew Carey - 1:50:46 @ 2011 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon (8:27 pace)
- Hugh Jackman - 2:05:52 @ 2011 NYC 1/2 Marathon (9:37 pace)
- Jennifer Love Hewitt - 3:09:13 @ 2010 Rock 'n Roll LA 1/2 Marathon (14:26 pace)
- Al Roker - 3:20:58 @ Rock 'n Roll Chicago 1/2 Marathon (13:20 pace)
So, who do you want to beat? I want to beat Sarah Palin. And I will! One day the stars will align and I will have a great race. Believe it or not, that has never happened.
Today it was stormy as. B3 and I woke up just after five this morning to some loud thunder. He took a lovely nap (or FIVE), while I powered on through the day. I think after awhile as a mom you just adjust to always being tired and you get used to the idea of less sleep. Aside from looking haggard, it's really not that bad!
That's nuts, actually, I can't believe I'm saying it. I've gone crazy. Did somebody put something in my water??
YES. I did. Caffeine.
Since I post so late in the evening, you probably already know that it's National Donut Day! I did not partake of a donut, but we plan to change that tomorrow. My brother bought donuts before his night shift last night (to eat at their midnight "lunch break") but they were too good to not eat them all. Tomorrow we'll venture out to compare donut shops.
As for the running streak, I ran a 10k today in rain! It was a great run. I left my iPod home since I was running in a complete downpour, and I'm a religious music runner, so I had an hour to just soak the whole run in.
You can't really tell that I'm soaked, but you can see the start to a pretty sunset.
There was some lightning which was a little frightening. The thunder is still out there booming. I think Phoenix set some rain records today. It never rains in June.
- Today's mileage: a rainy 6.2
- Total June mileage: 1 treadmill + 14.06 = 15.06
- Hottest temp run in: 102
Have a fantastic Friday night!