Track & Chipotle Tuesday - JD16

I've seen these questions floating around the running blog world and thought they'd be fun to think of answers for, so here we go...


Run a 5K or a marathon?  I'm not sure.  Is this a trick question?  Obviously the 5k, but the marathon is considerably more work and rewarding.

Run without music or run without your GPS?  Ugggh...probably without music.  :*(  I'm too much of a data nerd.

Run a flat race in the heat or a hilly race in the cold?  Hilly in the cold.  As long as it's not too hilly.

Run alone or run with a group for every run of an entire training cycle?  Myself if it's every run.



Get a new pair of running shoes or a new running outfit for free?  I love workout clothes, but I think I'm going to go with shoes here.

Train through winter for a spring race or through summer for a fall race?  Definitely winter for a spring race (hello AZ winter).  However, I'll be training through summer for a fall race (hello AZ summer).  Go figure!

Run with a blister the whole time or a side cramp the whole time?  Blister.  Easy!  You forget about blisters after a few minutes.

^^ I didn't even feel this disaster going on in my shoe.  Gross.


Run on the treadmill for an hour or around the same city block for an hour?  Same block!  I like those landmarks.

Have a only post-race beer or post-race dessert?  Dessert.  I have never tasted beer.

If you could only run one race in a year, a big city race like Chicago or a small, local race?  BIG race.  And how about Chicago; it's on my bucketlist in fact.


Today was track and Chipotle Tuesday!  It was 110 degrees when we met up at the track so our workout was 8x400 at a 5 out of 10 effort.  Basically a very cautious pace.  For some reason it didn't feel terribly hot once I got going, probably due to my awesome Hydroflask and ice cold water.

We were late so I only had time for a warm up and 7x400.

^^Data  :D

Yesterday I did side lunges which always make me sore.  Today was 1-legged squats (pistols)!  Gah, they were easier than the first time this month, but they are definitely the toughest move on the squat/lunge challenge.  I don't add weight to the pistols.

^^A terrible picture of me working on loosening my hip flexors.  I'm trying to be very proactive to avoid issues these next months.

We are off to bed.  Have a fantastic humpday.

  • Today's mileage: 1.97
  • Total June mileage: 4 treadmill + 30.03 = 34.03  <---I need to do something about that .03
  • Hottest temp run in: 110 (x2!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (8) B3 (49) Currently (5) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (53) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.