Revel Marathon Training - Week 1

This past week was week one of my marathon training!  It was also the first week where I bumped up to running 4x a week since having B3 (although I may alternate 3x).  My overall mileage isn't suddenly increasing, I'm running more shorter distances plus the long run.  In a couple of weeks I'll add track /speed work back in as my legs continue to agree!


So, marathon training.  It scares me so much.  The maintenance increases to stay uninjured, but there are still no guarantees.  It's putting a lot on the line!  Your whole heart, gallons of sweat, hours of time, mental strength, and chances are you're also devoting a major part of your daily thoughts to this one race!!

It usually goes well in my daydreams.  Or maybe I hit the wall at mile 25.5.  ha

The start of training is really exciting and I do love it.  This will be a really long cycle as I'm working on my base still, but I plan to do periodic updates like I did with the Great Wall training.  Maybe every couple of weeks or so.


Some monsoony-views from this week.


I spent more time rolling/stretching than running!  After last Saturday's race in the warmer temperatures, my legs were a bit tight.  I've also been keeping up some squatting + push ups.


I am going to invest in a new foam roller with ridges/bumps on it.  What I would really like to buy is this awesome R8 Massage Roller.  If you've never heard of it you should check it out.  I've seen it on running blogs and it has great reviews, I just wish it wasn't $120!

On to week #2!  

Have a great Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! I have a smooth foam roller, but I've used the bumpy ones before and kinda like them better! Good luck with training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'm hoping it gets into my hamstrings a little more than the smooth one. Right now I mostly use a lacrosse ball.

      Delete
  2. Great job! I am slowly increasing as well in order to avoid injuries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Good luck with your training too!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with marathon training! It's definitely intimidating, which is why I'm not sure I'll ever get past half marathons :) That roller looks awesome but that sure is a hard price to justify :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck with your training too!

      Delete
  4. If you manage to get to 25.5 without hitting a wall, you're golden! Lol! It's definitely a nerve wracking process, but I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.