Review of Resolutions (take II)

We're over half way through the year, and sadly my resolutions haven't been at the forefront of my mind like they were earlier the year, but I am still plugging away at them in bits and pieces and want to do better for the next few months!


Fitness:

  • Run 500 miles:  I set 500 miles as a realistic goal since I didn't know what post partum running would look like for my legs and I didn't want to feel pressured [into injury].  So far so good and 500 should be easily reached if things continue as they are.


LilySlim Fitness goals tickers


  • Get my abs into shape:  All the planking in June made a difference, so I'm going to go with success on this one.  Planking is so boring, but it works wonders!  Highly recommend this after having a baby.




  • Adopt the 3+2 program (3x run + 2x cross train):  After June's running streak I discovered that running at higher intensities just 3x per week was more taxing on my legs than frequent low intensity runs.  I've since switched to 5-6x weekly, low intensity heart rate training sessions + strength training (push ups, planks, lunges, squats).  My legs have been happy!




  • Adopt a weekly clean eating lifestyle - Still doing pretty well with my eat healthy weekdays, treats on weekends.  I've noticed an increase in my appetite with training, heaven help me.


  • Get to China trained but injury free:  Done!  You can see my sister's review of it in the recently live video below:




Other:

  • Adopt a daily cleaning schedule list:  This one has basically been thrown out the window!  I do daily chores and have decided that more probably isn't going to happen during the week due to time. 


  • Read 10 books:  I've read 3 books.  I'm just sucking at this one.  I read Gone Girl, The Cuckoo's Egg (loved!!), and a running book.  I'm currently reading American Sniper but haven't picked it back up in a couple of weeks because my spare time has been elsewhere (here, running, piano, family).  I'm thinking of buying some Kindle versions to read while on the treadmill.  

On my list to read:
  1. The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2)
  2. The Book Thief
  3. Unbroken
  4. The Devil in the White City
  5. The Graveyard Book
  6. Bloodsworth
  7. Kiss of the She-Devil





  • Pump/nurse for 6 months (March 13) - Made it to 5+ months before I dried up, but then used my massive milk stash until 9 months.  Thinking about all that pumping makes me shudder.



  • Finish the nursery - Good intentions,.. slower actions.  Just need some wall decor and pictures printed!



  • Whiten my teeth (post nursing) - Done



  • Decorate my work space - I have frames, artwork and a large letter B.  Need a few more frames and I'll be set.




  • Grow out my hair - Going strong but I'm definitely in that "blah" phase of the grow out.




  • Do something with the front yard/entry - Hired a yard crew, got the sprinklers running, now we have a book to look through to decide on what plants/trees we want put in (palms!!).  After that decision all that we need to do is fix the ugly front entry slate that's broken and bothers me 24/7.



  • Get back into blogging mode/redesign blog - I've finally accepted the fact that I just don't have the time to put into the blog to make any of my visions become reality, but I will try to keep up with it because I have loved blogging over the past eight years for many reasons.



  • Get back to Nikon pictures - Baby strides, I just wish my Nikon wifi auto-uploaded to Google photos too, the most convenient phone picture backup ever in life.



  • Write/orchestrate two new pieces - Not so much progress since the last update.  How is it August?  Eff.

The most amazing cover ever ever ever in the history of life. 





  • Be more positive/kind/optimistic/forgiving around the clock - I must do better!

2 comments:

  1. Sigh. So many goals here too. Still lacking on the reading department. Better about blogging. Fitness? nonexistent (you're superwoman, I tell ya.) We'll need pics of the finished nursery and workspace. no pressure though haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing super well! I am barely running maybe 12-20 miles a month, and that's generous! I was afraid to set goals this year because I knew I'd get overwhelmed, but seeing your list makes me wish I had. I still can't believe you were able to freeze so much. At almost 9 months, I really want to wind down my pumping.

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (8) B3 (49) Currently (5) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (53) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.