- Run 500 miles: I set 500 miles as a realistic goal since I didn't know what post partum running would look like for my legs and I didn't want to feel pressured [into injury]. So far so good and 500 should be easily reached if things continue as they are.
- Get my abs into shape: All the planking in June made a difference, so I'm going to go with success on this one. Planking is so boring, but it works wonders! Highly recommend this after having a baby.
- Adopt the 3+2 program (3x run + 2x cross train): After June's running streak I discovered that running at higher intensities just 3x per week was more taxing on my legs than frequent low intensity runs. I've since switched to 5-6x weekly, low intensity heart rate training sessions + strength training (push ups, planks, lunges, squats). My legs have been happy!
- Adopt a weekly clean eating lifestyle - Still doing pretty well with my eat healthy weekdays, treats on weekends. I've noticed an increase in my appetite with training, heaven help me.
- Get to China trained but injury free: Done! You can see my sister's review of it in the recently live video below:
- Adopt a daily cleaning schedule list: This one has basically been thrown out the window! I do daily chores and have decided that more probably isn't going to happen during the week due to time.
- Read 10 books: I've read 3 books. I'm just sucking at this one. I read Gone Girl, The Cuckoo's Egg (loved!!), and a running book. I'm currently reading American Sniper but haven't picked it back up in a couple of weeks because my spare time has been elsewhere (here, running, piano, family). I'm thinking of buying some Kindle versions to read while on the treadmill.
- The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2)
- The Book Thief
- The Devil in the White City
- The Graveyard Book
- Kiss of the She-Devil
- Pump/nurse for 6 months (March 13) - Made it to 5+ months before I dried up, but then used my massive milk stash until 9 months. Thinking about all that pumping makes me shudder.
- Finish the nursery - Good intentions,.. slower actions. Just need some wall decor and pictures printed!
- Whiten my teeth (post nursing) - Done
- Decorate my work space - I have frames, artwork and a large letter B. Need a few more frames and I'll be set.
- Grow out my hair - Going strong but I'm definitely in that "blah" phase of the grow out.
- Do something with the front yard/entry - Hired a yard crew, got the sprinklers running, now we have a book to look through to decide on what plants/trees we want put in (palms!!). After that decision all that we need to do is fix the ugly front entry slate that's broken and bothers me 24/7.
- Get back into blogging mode/redesign blog - I've finally accepted the fact that I just don't have the time to put into the blog to make any of my visions become reality, but I will try to keep up with it because I have loved blogging over the past eight years for many reasons.
- Get back to Nikon pictures - Baby strides, I just wish my Nikon wifi auto-uploaded to Google photos too, the most convenient phone picture backup ever in life.
- Write/orchestrate two new pieces - Not so much progress since the last update. How is it August? Eff.
The most amazing cover ever ever ever in the history of life.
The song I'm covering:
- Be more positive/kind/optimistic/forgiving around the clock - I must do better!