Half Marathon Weekend

We have a half marathon coming up this weekend!  This is my first 1/2 race since the Great Wall in May.  Since my focus is on getting to the start of a marathon in just over a month, I will be running this one at training paces.

Then adding some extra mileage on to it to get 2:40:00 for the run.  Plus an additional 40:00 run the night before.  It's getting serious over here.  :P

Soooo only the first 100 1/2 marathon finishers get a medal.  I'm afraid this will be a distraction to sticking to my Zone 2 paces, but the race is small, so there is some hope I can still make it out with some extra bling for my buck.

The tough thing will be this elevation:

Miles 8-12 are going to kill me, even in my zone 2.  Or zone 1.  Even walking.  HA  

I live at 1200 elevation.

Hopefully the weather is cooler up there though.  It's a balmy 104 degrees here right now.  (Happy 2nd day of fall!!?)



Mostly, I hope my IT band cooperates.  I felt it a little after track on Tuesday, where we actually did hill repeats, but Monday and yesterday I didn't feel anything on my runs.  I'm working on it and I am still optimistic.




Goals:
Goal A:  2:20 (about where I should be if I stick to my plan)

Goal B:  Finish without trouble.




3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your half marathon! That is some crazy elevation but looks like some good practice for Canyon City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilly! 8-12 looks... uninviting! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (38) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.